BoDiddley Style, New build, first in 2+ years.

MiKro

I was always under the impression that one's taste and sense of apt style improves with age. Clearly I have many many years to go to catch up with this one Mike. <_<

It'll be interesting to hear how this one sounds when it's all in final fettle. I kind of guess that a bit of tone control riding would warm up the sound back from what the neck adds in. At the very least, it's better than a Corvus.

15 hours ago, Prostheta said:

I was always under the impression that one's taste and sense of apt style improves with age. Clearly I have many many years to go to catch up with this one Mike. <_<

It'll be interesting to hear how this one sounds when it's all in final fettle. I kind of guess that a bit of tone control riding would warm up the sound back from what the neck adds in. At the very least, it's better than a Corvus.

LMAO!!!   Yep it is better than a Corvus. Actually those that have seen it so far in real life think it's kinda cool.. ???

Will see what it sounds and plays like? who knows it may be killer??? LMAO!!

One more thing I was looking at my wood stash and realized that the inlays were mun ebony not persimmon. I somehow mixed it in my bins. Again Im such a DA!! I need to go back to bed and slumber a few more years..

MK

Here's the headstock with hardware., no finish yet. Checking fit and stuff first. I think the black hardware looks good with the inlay. also it is not neck heavy at this point either?? Hmm I am surprised!!

MK

Put some satin lacquer on to use as a sanding sealer..

• 2 weeks later...

This is on hold  until I overhaul my CNC router. In reality I have about 7 hours in it so far.and most likely it will be sacrificed to the wood Gods in the fireplace soon. Too many flaws from the cnc being in need of overhaul to salvage this one. Shit happens!! :)

MK

be back soon!!!!. . .

• 2 weeks later...

OK Time to  start over, CNC is ready to try again. :)  in the next issue of Mikro F' ups,  I will be starting a new Bodid  guitar While the first one will be sacrificed this year to the fire gods when I start my first fire of the winter season.. :)  Wait for it.!!!     I will do my best and take pictures of it.  Burn baby burn!!    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

MK

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been wanting to add midi on a guitar for a long time. I have 2 vintage midi synths, Ensoniq TS10 ,Alesis Nano, as well as a my Pc DAW. (Cakewalk Sonar Artist) So this should be really cool.

So  I will be adding  the Graphtech Ghost Saddles with full midi interface  and acoustic preamp to this. Parts should be in around Jan 20th. Once I have those i can then get good measurements for all of the internals and make all the adjustments needed to my CAD drawings to start this project and get it back on track. :)

MK

19 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Having MIDI stems alongside the acoustic and magnetic tracks recorded simultaneously offers all kinds of opportunities to craft a recorded sound.

Most definitely. Most likely I will sell my TS10 though so I can get a Roland GR55, as, it will do pitch to midi conversion. since I have plenty of patches in my DAW software and the TS10 takes up a lot of space. :) .And for those times I do need a keyboard I'll use my behringer keyboard controller.

Edited to add:

I slept on this midi idea and decided not to do this. Main reason is, this is a prototype for others to try and decide if they want one. That being said, having the midi install will change the dynamics, balance and overall appearance. Most players would not want this option so I feel it is better to  go plain vanilla. I will build one for me at a later date.

MK

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Norris said:

That's good to hear. I'm about to order up a decal for my build from there. I must finalise the design - hopefully I'll need it soon!

I am very happy with them and would recommend them to anyone. Cost a little more for me due to the pound-$ conversion but worth the $$. ended up with shipping at  $42.00  I ordered 10 of them.. So $4.20 each. :) Because they are thinner than most others they include a  practice sheet to get the feel of application.

mk

I found them insanely easy. They went over the sealer coat on my '51, given a dust coat so that the solvent doesn't burn the ink out and then buried. Did you get any lines down the page from the printer's feed rollers? I did, but they don't affect the decals. The grain of the Maple shows through the gold, however I think that just makes it even better.

IMG_6159.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prostheta said:

I found them insanely easy. They went over the sealer coat on my '51, given a dust coat so that the solvent doesn't burn the ink out and then buried. Did you get any lines down the page from the printer's feed rollers? I did, but they don't affect the decals. The grain of the Maple shows through the gold, however I think that just makes it even better.

>snip pic<

I have not tried one yet Carl. That looks awesome. I cant see any lines on mine?

Mike

When I ordered mine, I got a sheet rather than individual decals. It might be that the roller marks just don't coincide with yours? A sheet is considerably more economical, and it's worth taking it out to email to organise. My decals worked out at about a tenth of what you paid simply by economising on area and packing them in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prostheta said:

When I ordered mine, I got a sheet rather than individual decals. It might be that the roller marks just don't coincide with yours? A sheet is considerably more economical, and it's worth taking it out to email to organise. My decals worked out at about a tenth of what you paid simply by economising on area and packing them in.

Mine because It was my art makes it more expensive. Had I gone with just lettering and a font they normally use it would have been less expensive. :) No matter I am very pleased