Saturday Shop Shot - post photos of your bench as it is!

Prostheta

• 2 weeks later...

OKay the pictures of stuff in the shop again.. I am going through shit to sell now. Like dovetail jigs, templates for shelving pins, routers, Storage bins, and other misc tools. I have waaayy to much shit. Also shit canning more crap.

FYI if there is anything someone is looking for that can be shipped. Let me know I may have it and willing to sell at a very reasonable cost. I am reducing many tools and equipment large and small that I no longer use or need.

shop21.jpg

shop23.jpg

shop20.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Non-guitar related, but workshop DIY all the same. Added a cyclone filter to the shopvac. It's one of those Chinese knockoffs of the Dust Deputy that appear on eBay all the time. Some 50mm PVC pipe and fittings and a 20L paint tin with a lever snap ring lid. Ready to rumble:

20170612_151947.jpg

• Like 2

This would be a useful addition for things around my workplace. We have a lot of machines which are not served by the main extraction, and the individual extractors just get clogged up, or bags get filled quickly. Cheap extractors pulling air through cyclones would be perfect for things like the Kapex mitre saw, router table, bandsaw, etc. or even as auxiliary feeds off the main extraction to capture fine waste instead of dropping it in with the coarse chips....

Absolutely. It's a great addition to these cheap and nasty shopvacs. The stock filters clog up as soon as you wave them near sanding dust, and you can never clean them completely afterwards, so they're always compromised as soon as they've been used once. I've used this for a couple of weeks now and it's still got really strong vacuum, and the first canister is collecting nearly everything.

Essentially it's turned something that sucks by not sucking hard enough into something that sucks really well by not sucking. :lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

so- reviving this thread- I decided to clean this shite hole up once and for all. Ever since my daughter moved back in I have had a lot of "stuff" that needed to find room- which meant my basement got filled quick- and all my misc shite got plopped into the garage. Well- I want my "shop" back- so- time to clean so I can build. 

its "getting there". . I am embarrassed when the garage doors are up- so- time to remedy the situation. i am on my fifth trash bag (3 lawn bags, two white kitchen bags- time to get rid of all the cut offs that arent worth a crud- and all the other CRAP I have accumulated etc-

20171118_192802.jpg

20171118_192819.jpg

20171118_192834.jpg