SHB-2 - Tele build

1 hour ago, hittitewarrior said:

I found if I press ever so slightly on the string above the nut (towards the tuner), this problem goes away... so I am guessing a string tree is probably my only option?

The other posibility is that the nut slot for the high-E is cut too horizontal and is encouraging the string to lay flat in the slot and rub like a sitar bridge. You could perhaps recut the tuning machine-side of the slot to tilt it backwards a hair (ie, angled back towards the face of the headstock - careful you don't gouge the headstock when filing!)) so the string leaves the nut right on the apex of the slot.

If not, then a string tree could work, provided it gives you enough downward force and string deflection to keep things quiet. Roller trees look pretty schmick and a black one would blend in with your colour scheme..

It is official!  SHB Mk II is finished & plays well!  Thank you for the encouragement, advice, and help throughout this.  Could not have done this without you.  

IMG_1114.thumb.JPG.fd735ff6856e98a2ec04ed0cd4b8ac16.JPG

IMG_1124.thumb.JPG.7245f21bb837f85669e66da687e0655b.JPG

IMG_1123.thumb.JPG.35627468817c6f9615597e82cf6413c0.JPG

IMG_1125.thumb.JPG.6726445c4bdf65ddc1379b4d4a4bc66a.JPG

The red there in the image is a reflection of my shirt... Lighting in the shop makes pictures an interesting endeavor.

IMG_1121.thumb.JPG.6affcd9b6935daf9f1c5de5e74a7d5da.JPG

And some marking on the case to give it a home.

Now... to finish up Mk III before my brother in law's birthday lol

IMG_1122.JPG

• Like 4