Time to vote!  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Time to vote!

• bancika, "Travelcaster"
    • fretman_2, "MI59"
    • ScottR, "Young Lizzy"
    • kmensik, "Teen"

This poll is closed to new votes

Need another peek at this month's entries?
Click HERE!

Welcome to the ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month voting round for this month! The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month contest gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page, plus an (all-important) shiny member profile badge.

Good luck to this month's entrants! As usual, discuss your voting choice and opinions about the entries this month in this thread....however don't read into the discussion until you've cast your vote! :)

Polls will close automagically in the first week of March 2017 (apologies for the last opening this month) however this thread is permanently open for discussion

Agreed. I'm a sucker for nicely-selected wood, and in spite of it being Pine (and a fairly fast-grown tree), @kmensik's got my vote. That has to be some of the best Pine I've seen in a while short of the super old-growth stuff I have on the stacks at work. The sanding and finish work on that is outstanding.

These are ALL great, great builds.  Every one of the entries has a feature or features that make me go "WOW - That's superb!".  

So, as in my voting before, I have no option than to resort to, "Which of these builds do I yearn to own, personally?"  And if I owned @ScottR's entry, I would simply assume I'd died and gone to heaven. :)

Well done, folks.  A superlative set of entries :)

Oh man tough decision for sure. I usually dislike Tele's but I'm liking  the travel caster entry. I would have liked to see it without the headstock "nub" where the logo sits. I had to go with the simplicity of the "Teen". I'm a sucker for natural finishes and I'm loving the neck transition. 

I know, right? I mean, every entry this month is fantastic but there's something about the cleanliness and uncommonly-good looks of that Pine. Usually wide growth rings from the sapwood means sticky trashy splintery wood, and IIRC you got a bit of that didn't you, @kmensik? As long as its given plenty of time to dry and the resin to crystallise (or whatever it does) then you've got a great piece to work from like this one.

That Travelcaster. Wow. I'm not one for headless instruments in general, however that one certainly uses the hardware to its advantage and purpose. Cleanly executed and beautifully presented. I'm going to check out your build when I have a little more time, definitely.

@ScottR - I'll see you after class young man. Bloody carvers causing trouble and taking our jobs, etc. :lol:

That black Walnut is damn red-looking, @fretman_2! Red Oak is an interesting choice, and in fact we have a white Oak Telecaster slated for season one of the ProjectGuitar.com YouTube videos. Yours seems to resemble more of a hybrid between a Les Paul and a Tele though, but with a snakehead style paddle headstock. Cool stuff.

I'm very fan of kmensik's work, love his concept of simplicity and caring for details...

But I prefer unique designs, and the fact that the texan one was designed on the fly (with no computer aid) makes it a really special guitar, so it got my vote. Congratulations @ScottR , you're the boss.