Guitar Of The Month - June 2017

Welcome to the Guitar Of The Month contest for June 2017!

ProjectGuitar.com's Guitar Of The Month contest is a showcase for members to exhibit their creations and to vote on their favourites. The contest is open entry for any and all members, new or old. Winner(s) receive a featured article at the head of the ProjectGuitar.com homepage, a photo posting to our Facebook and elevated member status. ProjectGuitar.com receives tens of thousands of unique visitors monthly; Guitar Of The Month is a great way to showcase your creation to the world!

Submissions are open throughout the month with public voting open in the last week. Polls close on the 1st of each month.

Lastly, if you didn't win a previous month's Guitar Of The Month contest, you are encouraged to enter your build again the next month for a maximum of three consecutive months. Sometimes one entry just hits it out of the park and eclipses everything!

Tips and Guidelines

• Upload a maximum of eight photos for the instrument in your post
  • Ensure that your guitar has a name otherwise we'll make one up ;-)
  • List additional descriptive information specific to the build; for example....
    • The woods and materials used, especially if there is something unusual in there!
    • Scale length(s) and other specific configuration details
    • Electronics, pickups, etc.
    • Is this your first build, fifth or five-hundredth?
    • A bit of information on your own background as a builder helps give context to your build.
    • Was it built in the garage, at school, work or in your own shop?
    • A summary of the build's history. Was it built for yourself, friend/family or a client? Did you design the instrument and its specifications or was it built to spec?
    • What were the inspirations behind the instrument and why were various build aspects chosen?
    • Any background on what makes it special?
  • Posting a link to your guitar-building website, Photobucket, Facebook, etc. is fine, even if it is your business. In the spirit of fairness we encourage instruments made by professional builders to have that disclosure made so there is a more even balance between weekend warriors and grizzled veterans.
  • If you documented your build in the forums, post a link to the thread! Instruments with a build thread shared tend to attract more votes from the general community.
  • ProTip: Voters vote with their ears as well as their eyes....if you have any soundclips of the instrument or even a YouTube video, do post it! Everybody loves to look at beautiful instruments, but hearing them demo'ed is 10x as important.

Unsure what to write? Have a look around the entry archives for suggestions.

If you have any questions about the contest, either PM me or ask forum members; we're a helpful bunch!

This thread is exclusively for entry posts only - any post that is not an entry will be deleted. We love to hear your discussions and opinions on the month's entries whilst the polls are open. Alternatively, head over to that instrument's build thread if one has been made in the entry post.

Good luck to all entrants!

:crowdwaits:

I figure I'll go ahead and try for my first guitar of the month, so here goes. 

My names Tim, I'm sure a bunch of you know me as 2.5itim around here. I build guitars part time under the name Arete guitars here in the Tulsa area. 

this is my N12 model there's a build log on this guitar that I'll post at the bottom of this post, my build log is all over the place so good luck finding it lol.

this guitar will be going to guitar house of Tulsa to be sold thru them next week after I get professional photos taken care of.

specs are as follows. 

25.5" scale length,            

Sapele body,                                        

quilted maple top (dyed purple),                

3 piece sapele/curly maple neck,        

curly maple headstock,                   

Birdseye maple fretboard,                 

quilted maple truss rod cover (dyed purple),                                                                  

Arete bridge with graphtech saddles (powdercoated white),                      

Sperzel locking tuners,                            

dual action truss rod,                                  

24 nickel silver medium jumbo frets,          

suhr ssv neck pickup,                              

suhr ssh+ bridge pickup,                                

1 volume/1 tone/3 way toggle,            

odies oil and odies wood butter finish,

thanks for looking!!

(edit) I hope that this is ok, I just got my professional photos back from the photographer so I'm going to swap my pics out  

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1678.JPG

Edited by 2.5itim
Photo change

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in! So glad I found this forum, as it's really helped me develop quickly. Onwards!

This is the Hyrne

Double cut, semi hollow.

Sapelle body and neck

Quilt maple carved top

25" scale Ebony board with brass inlays and jumbo frets.

Schaller Grandtune machinheads with snakewood buttons.

Tonepros avt2 bridge

Braided wires, bournes pots and Monty's handwound GT500 pickups.

Hand mixed and rubbed stain. Oil and wax finish.

Tusq nut, ebony and maple head veneer.

This has become my number one guitar and can't seem to put it down at the moment. Took a few attempts to set up to my liking but now it's like butter. Strung with NYXL 10s.

HYRNE.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...