24 Magnum

I feel the exact same way when listening to old recordings of a good friend who died about twenty or so years ago. She wasn't the best singer in the world, but she always sold it from the soul. We had good times gigging around my hometown and many shared laughs. I think this should all help put you in a better place; you seem resilient and pretty level. The guitar is a spectacular tribute, and making music with it for years to come will be special to say the least.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Wheeeeeeeeee!

Absolutely perfect, and given the backstory, that perfection brings everything in as it should. How does she play?

She plays really nice. :)

It usually takes me a while to "connect" with a new guitar. Get the feel of how hard or soft to play to get the tones I want, where to put my hands and arms etc. Where to get the best harmonics, Etc

To bond with it. I'm sure you know what I mean.

This guitar took me no time at all to connect with. The action is low, but not too low. Frets are smooth and bends are nice and creamy feeling :) It plays easy and sounds really good. I made the right choices for pickups and body and neck wood. There is excellent synergy there. The sustain is phenominal, particularly considering it has a floating tremolo. I credit the neck-through construction, laminate neck and carbon fiber (it's very rigid) as well as the tungsten block on the tremolo for that. The block adds a lot of weight (the bridge plus block weighs nearly 2.5 lbs by itself) and that much mass completely offsets the loss of sustain you would expect from a floating trem. I'm not one of those guys that gets all fussy if the guitar weighs more than 8 lbs ;) The downside is the block is $150.00 by itself which brings the overall cost of the bridge to around $350.00 which is a big pill to swallow, but when you play it you know instantly it was worth every penny :)

Honestly I couldn't be happier with this guitar :-)

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys. I wasn't really thinking I'd win GOTY. I'm honored just to have been a participant. One thing that's always certain is you're in there with 11 other great guitars.

Some recognition from ones peers is most welcome and very fulfilling :-)