I'm making me an 8 string.....electric mandolin

8 hours ago, ScottR said:

It will also have a cute little personal assistant with purple hair and spandex, who'll plug in to Ted Nugent's old stadium PA, and crush out the opening chords to Beethoven's 5th, finishing with a rousing rendition of the William Tell Overture.

I see you're an ideas man. I think your people should call my people and we should do lunch.

15 hours ago, curtisa said:

I say, old beans! Sounds like we're in for a spot of high tea on the high seas. I'll bring the jam and scones, you bring the kettle. What what?

I 'll have to dig around a bit for a kettle, does it look anything like a beer stein? Or a pint glass? Or perhaps a schooner....I could take a schooner to a high tea on the high seas...

SR

15 hours ago, Stu. said:

I love the kind of thread derailing that happens on PG! :lol: It's always so cultured and polite. The mandolin is looking seriously sharp too! Those skills never disappoint.

We've taken going off track into a high art form for sure.:D And great fun it is, too!

And thanks, I'm starting to get kind of excited about what started out as just sticking my toe into some new waters, to see how they swirl so to speak. That tiny little neck is really kind of fun to work on  and just hold.:)

SR

1 hour ago, ScottR said:

I 'll have to dig around a bit for a kettle, does it look anything like a beer stein? Or a pint glass? Or perhaps a schooner....I could take a schooner to a high tea on the high seas...

SR

IT'S A SAILBOAT.

(incidentally, this is exactly why I say "you dumb bastard!" so much....)

21 minutes ago, Prostheta said:

IT'S A SAILBOAT.

<_<

Glad to see you picked right up on that.:P

SR

22 minutes ago, Prostheta said:

At this rate Scott, we should be moving this over to General Chat and renaming it as a "Misc Things...." thread. Feel free to start another build thread. :lol:

Naw, I like my threads to be entertaining. And maybe something can be learned from the build part by accident.

SR

So...dragging the thread kicking and screaming back onto the rails....how come I've missed this thread in its entirety up until now? :unsure:

OK - the abduction by the aliens took my mind off things for a while but, heck, this is a bit worrying.

It looks fantastic, Scott :thumb:

...and did someone mention tea?

14 minutes ago, ScottR said:

You want to join us Andy?

Bali is supposed to be nice this time of year.:)

I'll send the schooner by for you.:D

SR

Ah - you can't catch an Englishman that easily....I've read the Mutiny on the Bounty!  

I can see it now.  Middle of the Pacific and it would be, "Oh Andy - be a pal and just row out in the dinghy a few yards.  We need to check how the schooner's sitting against the Plimsoll Line."  A sudden deployment of the mainsail and GOTM is yours back in contention...  

• Like 1