FREE: 6-Barrel Vintage Tele Bridge

verhoevenc

I have a 6-barrel style (http://www.wdmusic.com/tele_bridge_vintage_6_saddle_chrome.html) tele bridge that I hate! Luckily it has the same hole pattern as my favorite bridge, the Gotoh Modern, and I have switched it out. I repeat, I hated this 6-barrel bridge.

However, obviously someone likes them because they make them and sell them. With that in mind, if you want it, it's your's. All you have to do is send me the USPS/UPS/FedEx label (aka: you cover shipping cost) to stick to the package and I'll ship it out.

It is the chrome one. It's been installed on an instrument and then removed, but not "used." The only real blemish is where the height adjustment screws nicked up the chrome a bit as the saddles were moved to adjust for intonation.

Chris

My main complaint is that the string sits to far off-center on each barrel. Even if you don't use the rear anchors, and instead do a string-through-body mount, there's still not adequet down-pressure on the saddles to make the height-adjustment screws seat well. Basically, the low down pressure issue, mixed with the off-center nature of the barrels, means without endless re-tweaking and perfecting chances are a string or two will sit on either only one height-screw, or there won't be enough pressure to keep one height screw from being lose. This all means buzzing. Granted, I could find my ideal setup and then throw some locktite on the set screws. Total legit, others have done it (especially on jazzmasters and mustangs for similar reasons). But for a for-sale guitar I didn't feel that was the best decision for buzz-avoidance. A new bridge was.

Chris