36 minutes ago, ScottR said:

Go back and re-read one of your giant threads. That is what the rest of us do.:D

SR

Ehh fer f*cks sake. Those threads are huge. TL;DR. Plus this is the three year later me. I am building for me not as a business. I get to do whatevs i feel like! CHEERS!

Also glad i could contribute to this forum. I learned some things here. I was inspired by some of the old guard. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RestorationAD said:

Ehh fer f*cks sake. Those threads are huge. TL;DR. Plus this is the three year later me. I am building for me not as a business. I get to do whatevs i feel like! CHEERS!

Also glad i could contribute to this forum. I learned some things here. I was inspired by some of the old guard. 

It is so good to hear you building for the fun of it. Because when you get to make all your choices to please yourself there is mucho fun to be had. It was tough watching you burn out....you are sooo good at this.

Cheers!

SR

On 8/28/2017 at 11:28 AM, RestorationAD said:

I think a lot of us noobs also took inspiration from your photo essays. I'll buy you a drink if you ever make it this far south of the equator.

Carry on.

6 hours ago, ScottR said:

I thought you were hosting your own photos. Beware of Photobucket holding your pics hostage to the tune of $499 a year for the privilege of third party hosting. You take a holiday on the holiday weekend or get some work done?

SR

Eh.. Spent my holiday weekend in Fredericksburg VA with my marine virtuoso bass playing brother back from a tour of Japan.  We had a blast. We exchanged a few gifts... his gift to me was a flame top 1990 Fujigen RG 570 MIJ (lived in Japan its whole life) and in return I gave him the first guitar I built when I started building again and a 1996 MIJ Jackson Kelly I had laying around...I got a vintage RC10 RC car he reconstructed to boot. Looks like I won out. We tuned up his Steve Harris P-Bass replica I built him (armed with my copy of Steve Harris' Seymour Duncan P-Bass Pup) and taught my Daughter a few chords and why you don't run RC cars in the house. Not a bad weekend.

Hope you survived Harvey.  Bracing for Irma now.

I will find a new host for the photos cause I hates photobucket. Unfortunately I have a pro account and need it to keep all the old threads photos alive. 

Sounds like a fine weekend. I survived Harvey unscathed, and have been wondering how much of Irma you might get. It shouldn't be too bad by the time it's in your neighborhood. Definitely wet though.

This site has gotten very user friendly for uploading photos. I avoiding making the switch for quite a while but I started using it before Photobucket started holding my pics hostage. Now I'm in the process of replacing all the pics in all my old threads that still exist. 

That's going to take a minute.....

SR

I think I have decided on a Bridge and it is non-traditional... I have a TonePros wrap around in the box but I like the Gotoh 510UB better. 

http://g-gotoh.com/international/product/510ub.html

Here is the real issue. I like my 16" radius fretboards. I like my 1.75 wide necks. All the TOMs and Wraps are for tiny little necks. So I am going to go with an ABM 3256c  in Chrome.

http://www.abm-guitarpartsshop.com/Hardtail-Bridges/Modern/ABM-3256/ABM-3256c-Chrome::415.html?language=en

Yes because I plan to play this thing I am using chrome hardware and a fixed modern bridge...

Also ordered a set of Chrome Sperzels for it. Need the lighter weight tuners on an SG for balance. I did extend the top horn a bit over a standard SG as well (like Diggins did on Old Boy http://www.jaydeecustomguitars.co.uk/old_boy_standard.html)

26 minutes ago, ScottR said:

Sounds like a fine weekend. I survived Harvey unscathed, and have been wondering how much of Irma you might get. It shouldn't be too bad by the time it's in your neighborhood. Definitely wet though.

This site has gotten very user friendly for uploading photos. I avoiding making the switch for quite a while but I started using it before Photobucket started holding my pics hostage. Now I'm in the process of replacing all the pics in all my old threads that still exist. 

That's going to take a minute.....

SR

So you are uploading pics straight to the site?

Yeah, ditch Botophucket otherwise you'll have ten tons of Internentropy forced on your posts. It's so bad I am considering raising a vote amongst regs as to whether we should just ban remote image links altogether. I'd rather pay the extra for local space and keep things managed in the warm than leave things to general rot if other people think the same.