On 8/20/2018 at 9:25 AM, avengers63 said:

Have you started making pickups again too? You know I'm jonesing for a HSS set with rail magnets...

Not yet. But maybe over winter break. I have a Tele Bass project for my brother and a Warmoth strat to put together for a friend. Both need pickups. And I want to do a new blade design so we will see.

Yeah. Painful process. Fill Grain. Paint White. Paint Transparent Fluorescent Green. 

I should have used an expensive 2K Clear but I just didn't care as this is my guitar (so much more fun building for myself). So I shot it with shellac and threw a few coats of Behlens Instrument Lacquer over it. 

It is already chipped and I know it is going to yellow in a few years but I don't care. It is supposed to be my workhorse but I still play my silly old Padauk/Ash single pickup S9 Express all the time. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 10:53 AM, Prostheta said:

I've spent a lot of time with your 5-string Tele bass pickup, and it really has a lot of range in how you can play it. I hope that you mentally saved that one.

Yes I wrote it down. Pickups are science not art... and I can't remember anything not related to my job like #code, #InfrastructureAsCode and #CI/CD these days.

• 2 years later...

Update. The SG is basically my daily driver. I play it or the S9 express or El Mariachi. I might be building a couple later this year. Kid goes to college in Aug and I might have some free time. Have a lot of wood that should become something other than a slab....

• Like 2

Good news, then! Well, I'm surprised that the CDC are recommending that vaccinated people can go without masks in public....that's strange, and sounds somewhat politicised. Over here vaccinated people are still advised to wear masks since you can still be contagious regardless of vaccination status. Unsure what their methodology was behind that, especially since people can't tell who has and has not been vaccinated. I avoid non-maskers out of caution until the waters are clear again. Be careful!

2 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Over here vaccinated people are still advised to wear masks since you can still be contagious regardless of vaccination status.

Covid is nowhere near as potentially dangerous or harmful as his headstocks.

You could pillage and plunder whole nations of people with those things.

You are correct my collection is pretty complete. And the Wookie is hanging in the hallway. I have people I promised guitars to and haven't even started them... I would like to use up some of the wood I am storing in the garage. And I am ready to do some real woodworking as all I have done lately carpentry and furniture stuff for the house.

23 hours ago, RestorationAD said:

And I am ready to do some real woodworking as all I have done lately carpentry and furniture stuff for the house.

I'm glad to hear all that equipment you purchased has been getting some use, even if it is the stuff you should do instead of the stuff you want to do.

SR