Black Ice drive with a rotary switch?

not_peyton_

I have a BC Rich mockingbird with a 5 way rotary switch that I absolutely hate except for one position. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to hook up a black ice drive or any other kind of mod you guys might know. I even thought of putting a wah inductor in there but then again I don't know! Any reply helps, thanks in advance guys. 

On 09/09/2017 at 4:40 AM, not_peyton_ said:

5 way rotary switch that I absolutely hate except for one position

Is it the rotary switch you hate or the pickup combinations that it does you hate?

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to hook up a black ice drive or any other kind of mod you guys might know

There's lots of ways to add the Black Ice to a guitar (the product literature offers a few ways to do it), but if you have something a bit more specific in mind you'll need to provide a bit more information as to what it is you want to achieve.

I even thought of putting a wah inductor in there

I don't think that will have the same effect as having a wah pedal on the floor without building the rest of circuitry associated with a wah pedal as well. Assuming that's what you're aiming for, of course - can you elaborate a bit more on what kinds of improvements you're wanting to do?

OK, well the criteria for what you want still seems pretty broad, but how about:

Wiring diagrams for 2 Humbucker guitars

Pickup and control mods

Onboard preamps

I'm not familiar with the BC Rich Mockingbird. Is this the one with the rotary switch that controls the variable tone circuit? If you don't like how the circuit works, why not just remove it altogether?

On 9/10/2017 at 6:41 PM, curtisa said:

I'm not familiar with the BC Rich Mockingbird. Is this the one with the rotary switch that controls the variable tone circuit? If you don't like how the circuit works, why not just remove it altogether?

It is a variable tone circuit and I just want any ideas that that could be replaced with because I don't like it but I don't want useless/dummy controls.