My Les Paul

4 hours ago, Woden said:

It sounds excellent in that video you posted. What pickups did you use, Massimo?

Thank you Woden I've always been in love with the Les Paul design, I believe it's the queen of guitars! :)

Pickups are Seymour Duncan Jazz at the neck and JB at the bridge. I like how they sound but one day I would like to try some handwound pickup or PAF replica...

10 hours ago, nollnoll7 said:

For my personal taste the fretboard inlay is a bit too much, but I take my hat to that impressive craftsmanship. Great sound. :thumb:

Thanks! As I said before, this guitar was built as a sum of everything I've learnt in three years of guitar building, so I wanted to do a full inlay on the fretboard and on the headstock. I felt in love with inlays admiring Larry Robinsons' masterpieces, so this is a kind of tribute to his style

I agree that the inlay is a bit much when seen on the guitar, but man is this just soo beautiful!!

Makes me really want to try inlaying something more complex than a star (that's the most adventurous I got so far) but seriously cannot imagine the amount of precision and patience that such a design would require. Congrats!

1 hour ago, pan_kara said:

I agree that the inlay is a bit much when seen on the guitar, but man is this just soo beautiful!!

Makes me really want to try inlaying something more complex than a star (that's the most adventurous I got so far) but seriously cannot imagine the amount of precision and patience that such a design would require. Congrats!

Thank you! If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you "The art of inlay" by Larry Robinson. It's a small book, but it covers the technique very well. He made some dvds too, but I haven't seen them.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Mr Natural said:

Congrats on the GOTM win!

Thank you Mr Natural!

21 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Many congratulations on your very well deserved GOTM win @MassimoPL77.  It is a superb build on so many levels :)

Thank you Andy! I really appreciated your build: beautiful woods, awesome high gloss finishing and really clean work inside the electronic cavity!

16 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

Absolutely gorgeous. Amazing work, Massimo!

Thank you Patrick!

2 hours ago, Zoltar said:

Congrats for the GOTM win, looking forward to more inlay wizardry...

Thank you Zoltar, I'm working on some new stuff in these days... I will keep you updated!

Totally. The last couple of months have been some high-level competition, so I'm glad that you re-entered this month. It's a guitar that you can be extremely proud of; people who've been building for many many years would have trouble pulling off something like your Les Paul.

Congratulations!

16 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Totally. The last couple of months have been some high-level competition, so I'm glad that you re-entered this month. It's a guitar that you can be extremely proud of; people who've been building for many many years would have trouble pulling off something like your Les Paul.

Congratulations!

Thank you @Prostheta, your words make me proud! And I would like to compliment @KempGuitars, @Osorio and @Andyjr1515 on their amazing buildings!

• Like 1