Misc Stuff about Life. Part XII

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How much of an awesome dude is Mike Ve  sent me a couple of lovely one piece curly tops all the way from Arizona. I've already put one of them to use on my upcoming SG2000 build. In other news, I've f

This is what Pine, MDF and plywood are for. There aren't enough slaps in the world for people who paint wood white.

Greetings from Opatija, Croatia. I decided to quit my job and change companies in hope I find people with better work ethics. Few months ago I couldn't imagine quitting cause I love the folks I work w

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Prostheta said:

OrgMorg is the trans lady making rustic guitars with license plates and vintage metal fittings.

I remember the guitars quite well, I'm a big fan. I've quoted him/her several times.....what's a guitar made from a barn door sound like? I t sounds like a guitar.

I had no idea about the trans lady. I could swear Orgmorg posted a picture in one of the iterations of this thread that featured a long haired long bearded middle aged man, just like you'd expect to find living in a place called Dismal, Tennessee.

I believe we were discussing the merits of various types of coffee.

SR

10 hours ago, Prostheta said:

OrgMorg is the trans lady making rustic guitars with license plates and vintage metal fittings.

That jogged my memory. I was thinking that org was transgender after you brought up she? Something in the back of my mind was telling me that. :)

Not a problem, Orgmorg made some very cool guitars. :) No matter his/her chosen gender.

MK

I've been digging the excellent material done on the 5 Watt World channel on YouTube, and noted the cut up license plates used to spell out the channel name in the backdrop. That's very cool, what with US states all having differing styles of plates. The best license plate I saw here was "FFS 101". I would have that on ours, and I usually think "LOL" is just dumb. The 90s were like, 20-30yrs ago (WTF).

20 hours ago, ScottR said:

That always slays me when I think of it too.

SR

And same here too, I remember the days when it was all about the year 2000. In Australia we had a TV show called "Towards 2000" and then it became "Beyond 2000" Everything seemed to be focused on 2000 and now its 20 years ago, long gone

It seems like my guitar making is long gone too, I haven't done anything in the shed for a few weeks now due to a sinus infection or whatever it was. Had a headache bit of a runny nose etc. Got some antibiotics from the doctor and hopefully thats done the job. I'm allergic to everything. House dust, pollen, grass, sawdust and I subjected myself to a lot of that in October. Guitar-making (obviously) mowing lawns and vacuuming. We had some hot days and then November came and it went back to winter and started raining again, which doesn't help the sinus situation

I noticed at the doctors she kept her distance from me and didn't take my temperature, blood pressure or listen to my breathing. They usually check that because I'm asthmatic. I mentioned this to someone and they said yeah thats what they're doing these days. So that's great, I think their paranoia is going to lead to a lot of people being not treated properly and end up in a bigger mess than ever. The doctor just relied on what I told her, so basically a self-diagnosis

They used to say we would have all the world's problems solved by the year 2000

We've got newer 21st century problems. Just like the old ones, but with even stupider people both behind them and in front trying to fix them. Meanwhile, we're growing older and older but finding new ways to roll our eyes regardless.

You've reminded me that I need to buy a netti pot to flush my sinuses. I'm working a lot of Sapele for our home right now, and that irritates me here and there. Peppery and dry. Some nights I feel a little asthma or symptoms similar so being zero tolerance for dust is where I'm trying to go. I bought a better shop vac for that exact purpose, and maybe even thinking of a lazy air scrubber.

Man, I hope you can find a way past these allergies. Are you simply sensitised to hell and back?

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Prostheta said:

The 90s were like, 20-30yrs ago (WTF).

Not too long ago I read an online article about spelling and some sayings that help to memorize them. One reader told that they had used one of the sayings "already in the eighties when she was at school". Well, that saying had been used even in grammar books since the rule had been verified in 1897...

Have a guy wanting a Tiger Style guitar. Started the modeling at noon, Stopped for lunch though in between. LOL

I'm almost done. :)

MK

third1.jpg

So now to adjust the radius at the neck area then the model is done. Then on to the inlay models and other things.

almostdone1.jpg

• Like 1