Misc Stuff about Life. Part XII

On 2/2/2021 at 10:43 PM, Prostheta said:

How the hell did we get to this point where for four years the US has been the world's worst country in terms of corruption and propaganda,

or at least level ranking with Russia? How insane. Absolutely crazy.

I think I can answer that in a sane fashion.

I was watching a CNN thing that played over the weekend.

Thankfully I tape everything and f-f commercials 'cuz you only get 25 real minutes out of an hour.

Anyway, they delved into this very question 'how did we get here'.

And the answer (kind of) surprised me, because they laid it out factually tracking backward to a handbook.

And as we all know, anything that is coming to full fruition 'now' was seeded a loong time ago.

Anyway, your answer is Newt Gingrich, at least by CNN standards.

That dude literally wrote the bible, the political handbook, for retaliation tactics and capitalizing on fear, hatred, emotions, etc.

How to use incendiary words and retaliation tactics with a vengeance, in an extreme way that had never been practiced before.

I was kind of amazed as I do tend keep up on things, but I wasn't into politics so much back then.

But it was pretty extraordinary, and I'm not generally easily impressed or swayed, but they made their case pretty firmly I must admit.

They showed how he was the first one to really assimilate and exploit inflammatory 'fight back and fight back dirty' tactics.

I think there actually 'was' some sort of handbook they showed.

They were highlighting words and phrases that everyone knows today as standard issue but back then it was under the rug.

And you could easily see the roots and make the connections of everything you see today, in it's seed form.

IIRC, they showed the leap-frogging from Gingrich to Palin to DJT.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How much of an awesome dude is Mike Ve  sent me a couple of lovely one piece curly tops all the way from Arizona. I've already put one of them to use on my upcoming SG2000 build. In other news, I've f

This is what Pine, MDF and plywood are for. There aren't enough slaps in the world for people who paint wood white.

So it's official. Busy times ahead.

Posted Images

Wow, this much I didn't know Drak. Isn't it crazy how manipulative rabble rousing such as this is no different to how Mussolini grouped his paramilitary Squadrismo, and Hitler his Sturmabteilung. Fanatics driven by incendiary populism, being told they were right. The SA were also in the millions by the mid 30s. I'm unsure whether legal democratic force was an option back then, but three million is a lot. The failed orange business racist didn't have anything near the levels of intelligence or ability to coalesce his adherents into an organised paramilitary, thankfully. Just a few military cosplayers and faux-patrotic kooks.

I honestly don't think it had much to do with intelligence. Most people in the U.S. are happy and comfortable.

It's hard to raise an overthrow of a system when people are fed and talking to each other on thd latest gadgets.

Hitler came into play because Germany was hurting. Most toxic dictatorships start that way. Most don't improve anything either.

Hitler improved QoL for his chosen race by taking everything from everyone else. The others I'm not so familiar with. 

How people in the U.S. thought overthrowing an election was patriotic? Now that's a tough one.

To me it seems they'd rather cry "cheat" than admit most people don't agree with their beliefs. 

Then these goofy people went back to their houses, took a hot bath, drank their good alcohol, cooked a nice steak, and cried about how bad they have it.

The same house and comforts they bought under Bill Clinton's booming economy. 

• Like 1

Well, most of Citrus Hitler's platform was based off telling Americans that things are bad and playing on their fears. That immigrants are rapists, thieves and criminals, and that they're around every corner. That sort of dehumanisation is what led to the Jewish pogroms. Nothing about that is permissible on any level. It's the sort of thing that makes one question whether freedom of speech should have an ultimate line that shouldn't be crossed. In reality, Trump is nothing more than an overblown carnival barker who is qualified and capable of nothing greater than selling pencils from a cup on the street. Fomenting racism and insurrection is the new grift, apparently.

19 minutes ago, Prostheta said:

That immigrants are rapists, thieves and criminals, and that they're around every corner.

That didn't include his parents, obviously...

On 2/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, MiKro said:

When I was just beginning to think things may get better?

While pouring my coffee this morning I hear a Fox News reporter talking about the Snow in NYC today.

She goes on to make the statement about "The Big Fat Pieces of Snow that are falling"
Really, did she just say that?

OMG we are so doomed.  LOL!!

MK

I’ve quit watching Fox since Murdoch sold it. It was always controlled opposition, but at least they didn’t give the cringe inducing news reports they do now.  Been getting news mainly on the TV from OAN, then various streaming sites.  News reporting has gotten so bad that you have to watch 6-7 different reports on the same story, the. Read about the same so you can figure out just what to filter as garbage.  I wish they would apply the same filter to regular news as they do to political reports now. At least that’s easy. If it’s about democrats it’s straight up lies and deception. If it’s about republicans it’s lies as hominem attacks and projection.  (Whatever they’re talking about the truth is 180 opposite what’s falling out their mouths) is what I mean.  

Maybe it wasn’t snow though. Maybe the poor child was down the road from the local crematorium.  

On 2/1/2021 at 8:00 PM, ADFinlayson said:

At least the likes of fox, msnbc don't pretend to be impartial. We pay a mandatory tv license fee to fund the bbc and they're supposed to be unbiased. So now we're paying for something we can't stand to watch 😆

MSNBC is the most biased news station in the us.  Matter of fact one of their anchors just called for the government to conduct drone strikes on anyone who isn’t a Democrat. 

On 2/2/2021 at 7:19 AM, westhemann said:

No, all news is opinions now. That's quite literally the reason Trump was able to distort facts so much and couldn't be stopped because nobody really has any trustworthy sources of news.

Pros, that's EXACTLY  how it started over here. News was informative and then started to run "puff pieces" about skiing squirrels and shit. Those pieces got ratings and entire shows were formed which were "entertainment " and "current events ".

Those shows got high ratings and so everyone was forced to keep up. This is the danger of allowing News to be dependent on Capitalism. 

There is no good solution. If the government sponsors the News then it's seen as bought and paid for by the government. As it is it's bought and paid for by companies who advertise. 

The whole thing started with programs or pogroms if you will, that were started by Yuri Bezmenov in the mid 1960s.  To fix it they would have to force a Leave It To Beaver/Doris Day style culture for a couple generations.  

On 2/2/2021 at 7:59 AM, westhemann said:

That's exactly my point. An intelligent person can't trust what they're seeing on the News anymore. 

That's how the Right can say" fake news" and continue to believe the lies told by Trump, Cruz, etc.

No matter what though, the Right is backed by conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones, and those pervasive falsehoods are much, much more extreme than the Left focusing on the border cages(which are actually factually in existence and actually are human rights violations. )

It makes no difference that it was started during the Obama administration... what matters is that it's reached levels that we would condemn any other Country for.

I am still having a hard time believing people don’t see him as anything but entertainment.  Though a lot of why he was saying 20 years ago has come to pass.  But to listen to him, no way. I’m already a kind of stress monster on my own. I don’t need someone screaming about gay frogs in my ear every day.  

On 2/3/2021 at 10:10 PM, Drak said:

I think I can answer that in a sane fashion.

I was watching a CNN thing that played over the weekend.

Thankfully I tape everything and f-f commercials 'cuz you only get 25 real minutes out of an hour.

Anyway, they delved into this very question 'how did we get here'.

And the answer (kind of) surprised me, because they laid it out factually tracking backward to a handbook.

And as we all know, anything that is coming to full fruition 'now' was seeded a loong time ago.

Anyway, your answer is Newt Gingrich, at least by CNN standards.

That dude literally wrote the bible, the political handbook, for retaliation tactics and capitalizing on fear, hatred, emotions, etc.

How to use incendiary words and retaliation tactics with a vengeance, in an extreme way that had never been practiced before.

I was kind of amazed as I do tend keep up on things, but I wasn't into politics so much back then.

But it was pretty extraordinary, and I'm not generally easily impressed or swayed, but they made their case pretty firmly I must admit.

They showed how he was the first one to really assimilate and exploit inflammatory 'fight back and fight back dirty' tactics.

I think there actually 'was' some sort of handbook they showed.

They were highlighting words and phrases that everyone knows today as standard issue but back then it was under the rug.

And you could easily see the roots and make the connections of everything you see today, in it's seed form.

IIRC, they showed the leap-frogging from Gingrich to Palin to DJT.

Did they also point their finger back at themselves or just blame the right as always?  The right probably is following a lot of what Gingrich used as tactics, but the left is following Alinsky’s Rules For Radixals almost verbatim.  What’s really bad is talking heads on both sides know exactly what they are doing and they’re all trying to cause chaos and divide.  Neither side are trying to act with cooler heads to ratchet down the shit they are flinging at each other. But it’s not just going on over here. It’s like that everywhere. 

22 hours ago, westhemann said:

How people in the U.S. thought overthrowing an election was patriotic? Now that's a tough one.

To me it seems they'd rather cry "cheat" than admit most people don't agree with their beliefs. 

Then these goofy people went back to their houses, took a hot bath, drank their good alcohol, cooked a nice steak, and cried about how bad they have it.

The same house and comforts they bought under Bill Clinton's booming economy. 

We all saw what happened. As for Time’s article, don’t hold it as gospel quite yet.  I do not really believe it’s truth and I feel it’s a hit piece disguised as one side bragging.  When I first read it, i felt it confirmed what I had witnessed since November.  The more I thought about it, I’m not buying that whoever the author is would name names this way knowing the political air. Because it’s not a group that was saving democracy as they call it, considering we aren’t one, but it was a report on how the people in the upper socioeconomic population was telling those who do not make mid size figure plus salaries  to fuck ourselves.  While naming names.  That’s putting a death warrant on a lot of those peoples backs.  Because there are loose cannons on both sides calling for blood.  That article was throwing chum in shark infested water.  That’s one way to unite the people, who are otherwise politically at each others throats.  Not to mention the whole thing is admitting to treason across the board regardless their intent.  I really don’t thing the editors at Time which for the past 4 years has been to show a new way to smear the president every week.  Are that stupid.  I think the article is either a cleverly disguised whistleblower (unlikely) or it’s going to turn out to be a piece of fiction used as a honeypot to smear the right again.  

20 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Well, most of Citrus Hitler's platform was based off telling Americans that things are bad and playing on their fears. That immigrants are rapists, thieves and criminals, and that they're around every corner. That sort of dehumanisation is what led to the Jewish pogroms. Nothing about that is permissible on any level. It's the sort of thing that makes one question whether freedom of speech should have an ultimate line that shouldn't be crossed. In reality, Trump is nothing more than an overblown carnival barker who is qualified and capable of nothing greater than selling pencils from a cup on the street. Fomenting racism and insurrection is the new grift, apparently.

They all do that trump isn’t an anomaly in that regard.  

Regarding the news; it's difficult to be factual and balanced in the midst of deep polarisation. Nobody listens to the sane quiet voice in the room whilst the loud people are arguing for one or other opposite case. Debate and mutually-respectful discourse has clearly fallen in favour of argument and absolute disagreement. The equivalent of an arms race for political discussion; an arse race. Mutually ass-ured disputation.

I'm reasonably sure that this is not something that hasn't been engineered in some manner. One would like to point the finger at Putin as an easy target. Certainly, division within the major superpowers and blocs only benefit his faux-Tsarist goals.

4 hours ago, Bjorn.LaSanche said:

MSNBC is the most biased news station in the us.  Matter of fact one of their anchors just called for the government to conduct drone strikes on anyone who isn’t a Democrat. 

That's both stupid, illegal and terrible in equal measure. What is wrong with people?

21 hours ago, Prostheta said:

That's both stupid, illegal and terrible in equal measure. What is wrong with people?

On 2/8/2021 at 6:49 AM, Bjorn.LaSanche said:

Well now, this is exactly the crap that is happening largely on the right. The fake news. The fear mongering disinformation war that the left is trying to stop.
The biggest lie is that the safest election in our history was "rigged".

In this case. the claim is that MSNBC is "the most biased", an anchor "called for drone strikes" on "anyone who isn;t a democrat". That is absurdly false, and dangerous.

The anchor made a comparison of a politician voting for drone strikes against external terrorists inciting violence against the US, but why they wouldn't vote against convicting the president who incited violence at home. Then you get pukes like Tucker Carlson running around making some twisted remarks and pouring gasoline on a fire. This is exactly why the president was impeached again and must be convicted.

You just can't go around spreading this crap. It has put major fractures in our democracy, does nothing but spread ill will and hate to everyone. Its irresponsible at best, and deadly in the end.

Ugh, yeah. Perfect example of how repeating ready-twisted words inflames things. I fell for it.

I guess you caught how the hypocritical right-wing echo chambers are complaining that Biden went home to watch the Superbowl, yet conveniently ignored Trump travelling and repeated superspreader events? Such. Absolute. Shit. People.

They're not even news. It's talking heads babbling nonsense to credulous idiots. Perhaps they should call a few drone strikes on Fox "News" and OAN watchers. Am I right? Eh? Eh?

I have a question.

How the F do you embed YT's into a post?

I'm not a dumb-ass (last I checked, subject to change) and have scoured my screen icons for YT media inserts and canNOT figure it out.

On a related topic note:

I've been checking out Michael Cohen's podcast for a few months now.

The guy is actually pretty f'in funny when he just cuts loose, which is something I like about the new podcast trend.

He just did a podcast with Adam Carolla which I found pretty funny for what Adam brought to the conversation.

Adam had a way of removing ALL the rhetoric I hear from BOTH sides and just being real (like an actual adult) and cutting the BS out.

Which is exactly the way I see the world, with all rhetoric removed alltogether, from Both Sides.

Too much insane in the brain, no-responsibility, I can do whatever I want, then deny everything (Who...Me???-isms) right-wingers...

Vs. the ever-innocent, halo-around-my-little-head finger-pointing softball snowflake left-wingers who get soo butthurt and 'triggered' over absolutely nothing.

Both extremes are juvenile and childish, coming from grown-ass adults.

I can't believe we elect these children with arrested development and drunk-on-drama into positions of influence...

Who are actually NOT grown-ass adults, who actually ARE children in adult form.

The whole thing reminds me of a bunch of kids fighting in a sandbox in elementary school most days.

And Adam had a way of cutting through all of that BS and just speaking reality, like I tend to do,

I saw someone on a talk show yesterday who had a point I completely agree with.

He mentioned nowhere else in the world are political leaders sitting on their ass watching this clowncar (I love that euphemism) of a political cartoon unfold.

Example: I've been watching China and the whole slow-motion takeover of Fiery Cross Reef and other islands in the South China Sea.

They're not waiting for anyone, and it's a big f'in deal, but you never hear a word about it, because its not a glossy clowncar made-for-TV cartoon.

So anyway...how do I embed YT's? Its driving me mad because I can't figure it out...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Drak said:

How the F do you embed YT's into a post?

While in YouTube:

kuva.png.9fe1f262d0c37cd578e9ba5cec7fff6e.png

kuva.png.d1ad0f712ebc021e2972b58a3bcdcddb.png

Back in your post, paste the link to where you want it.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, komodo said:

Well now, this is exactly the crap that is happening largely on the right. The fake news. The fear mongering disinformation war that the left is trying to stop.
The biggest lie is that the safest election in our history was "rigged".

In this case. the claim is that MSNBC is "the most biased", an anchor "called for drone strikes" on "anyone who isn;t a democrat". That is absurdly false, and dangerous.

The anchor made a comparison of a politician voting for drone strikes against external terrorists inciting violence against the US, but why they wouldn't vote against convicting the president who incited violence at home. Then you get pukes like Tucker Carlson running around making some twisted remarks and pouring gasoline on a fire. This is exactly why the president was impeached again and must be convicted.

You just can't go around spreading this crap. It has put major fractures in our democracy, does nothing but spread ill will and hate to everyone. Its irresponsible at best, and deadly in the end.

The News Junkies clip does not have the full segment.  Here is Tim Pool reading the transcript of what the newscaster from MSNBC said. 

I can play the inference game as well man. She said that the way to fight terror is to meet it head on and yes one of this nations policies is to use drone strikes on civilian targets.  We killed an American overseas with a drone strike as he was someone within the ISIS hierarchy.  Why do you think she said drone strikes on American civilians. You have to be really willing to disbelieve anything negative about that channel and it’s cast to look the other way. And come up with something else of what she meant. Period.  

i will also admit I blanketed in anyone who was Republican. The reason why I did that was because on two separate occasions in the House chamber Pelosi said that those who “stormed congress” were part of Trumps insurrection and proceeded to call anyone who voted or supported him domestic terrorists. That they must be rounded up and ready-educated. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez has parroted the exact words more than once since January 6. Now I don’t know about you, but I take great offense to being called an insurrectionist as well as a domestic terrorist seeing how I wasn’t within 1000 miles of Washington DC since 2014. The media and especially MSNBC keeps hammering away at dehumanizing all citizens who voted Republican. It went from Conservatives to Nazis to White Supremacists in less than 35 days. For what?  I’m not going to mention the PBS show where they floated the balloon where the government should round up all children of Republican voters and throw the parents into re-education programs and you will remain childless until such time as you are deemed re-educated.  Now do I get these things from talking points sent to me by people much like Thurnburg and Hogg do? No I actually watch a lot of news and if I do miss something, I have enough brains to actually verify for myself the truth in the matter.  I don’t go to Snopes, and I surely do not trust “fact checkers” who are owned by ex cnn and DNC staff to be able to take a neutral side on any argument.  I also won’t mention the February 15,2021 article in time magazine which verifies a good deal of what we have been told there was no evidence of regarding the election.  I will say this though, any person who conspires so “save” an institution by committing treason and sedition is not a hero. They are merely traitors and seditionists. It doesn’t matter what side of the aisle they are on.