Misc Stuff about Life. Part XII

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How much of an awesome dude is Mike Ve  sent me a couple of lovely one piece curly tops all the way from Arizona. I've already put one of them to use on my upcoming SG2000 build. In other news, I've f

So it's official. Busy times ahead.

Greetings from Opatija, Croatia. I decided to quit my job and change companies in hope I find people with better work ethics. Few months ago I couldn't imagine quitting cause I love the folks I work w

Posted Images

Hond Honda going faster faster....

Steeleye Span and Pentangle do old English folk music with a modern vibe. Pentangle are more Jazz oriented. I heard of Pentatonix at Church a few years ago, the band leader wanted to do one of the carols in their style, but I didn't know they did mostly christian songs

3 hours ago, Crusader said:

So has anyone heard of Steeleye Span, Pentatonix and Pentangle?

Those are all new to me.

3 hours ago, Crusader said:

Happy Mondays

The only good thing about Mondays is they come early in the week so you can get them out of the way.....

SR

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah Steeleye Span used to record at the studio I jam in (or at least did until the rona shut us all down) Maddy Prior still records there occasionally and we share the same sound man so I've met her a couple of times, he also recorded Bernie Marsden's latest stuff. Those there are my two tenuous claims to fame. 

• Like 1

I have a brother who was out hiking with some work mates, it must be about 20 years ago. One of them who was a big fan of Maddy's nearly collided with her coming the other way and had a bit of an altercation but he didn't recognise who it was LOL

Banty apparently decided she's done with the ducklings. They're already too big to fit under her and they eat, drink, clean themselves,  and huddle together without her while she sits on top of a box to get away from them.

So I put her back in her chicken tractor and she immediately refreshed the nest and sat in there trying to make another clutch.

I put 10 chicken eggs under her just to see what she would do and she's been sitting on them for 4 hours now.

So I guess she wants more babies? Maybe she'll be more satisfied with this clutch.

Guess so, haven't lived in those neighbourhoods since mid-80's. But most likely yes, just half an hour away and good public transportation.

I went back to my hardwood place. I picked up the last of the 3/8" 4x8 sheets of luan ply. 13 of them, cheapest stuff I can find currently at $25 a sheet. I now have 16 sheets. I won't use MDF for this.

I need to make cabinets and shelves for the shop. This will do fine for the carcasses as the sides don't need a lot of strength as long as I have a good frame. I will rip some 2x4 studs for that. LOL!!

3/8" 4x8 BC sanded ply is now in the $40+ range.

Damn prices of lumber is still going up.

MK

• Sad 1
19 hours ago, MiKro said:

Damn prices of lumber is still going up.

Is that because of requirements for sustainability or "just" demand? People staying at home instead of bars not to mention vacation trips, all that money wanting to be spent? And nothing else to do than renovations...

53 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

Is that because of requirements for sustainability or "just" demand? People staying at home instead of bars not to mention vacation trips, all that money wanting to be spent? And nothing else to do than renovations...

No it has to do with many things, covid, transportation, weather, and other issues. The demand is driven by weather related issues, people being home trying to do renovations, stuff like that.

• Like 1

We've had a couple of short Lockdowns lately followed by a week of mandatory wearing of face-masks. It was lifted last Saturday night which was a friend's birthday so we went to MacDonalds which was a mistake, I've had a sore throat since then, how ironic? After all this effort to avoid catching a bug!

I try to figure out how I caught this and there's a few things. Lack of sleep, dust from the workshop, and I have often found that after eating chips I get a cold. The reason I have been told is they are a nice greasy environment for viruses and bacteria to flourish, so I usually just don't have them. I haven't got a high temperature so I'm guessing this is a bacterial infection not a virus, either way I've been on with the salt-water gargling regime

So life is a little miserable for me at the moment, any ailment like this can bring on asthma

• Sad 1

Since we've now moved to the old men's disease comparison, I'm halfways with a 6 day antibiotic treatment. Most likely due to wearing a mask several hours a day at work some bacteria have found out that my chronic sniffles makes for a perfect growing environment under the mask. My nose swelled and turned red and finally started clogging the lacrimal ducts. Fortunately the cure seems to help, erysipelas would not be something I'd like to have on my face!

1 minute ago, Prostheta said:

I have terrible farts.

Me too! And the antibiotics may make them worse as they kill all the 'good' bacteria as well

OMG you guys are just too funny.

I have a clotting disorder that I have  had since about 14, The doctors will not let me take the vaccine until further testing has been done. Feeling like a prisoner in my own home. With having back surgery then a hip replacement, now this. I get out of the house maybe once a month. I need to finally have the oil changed in my truck based on mileage. The last time was in  Early 2019. LOL

MK

2 hours ago, Prostheta said:

I have terrible farts. Nina walked into the kitchen the other night and stated, "oh f*** you" and stormed off. Oops.

That may be the best response to a spousal fart attack I've ever heard.

SR