Headstock Damage

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

The choice to simply glue it back on no longer exists. I have done that 3 times now, and Its time for a more drastic repair. The choices are to either make a new neck, buy a new neck, or scarf join the headstock. As much as I would rather not scarf join it, I think it is indeed my best option. I want to take as little time as possible to do this, and keep cost down. And for those who want to see it, here it is. I will also include a pic of the other LP that I fixed the neck on....stupid drummer.

Jan25053.JPG

Jan25054.JPG

Jan25056.JPG

Jan25059.JPG

As you can see, it isnt completely broken off again, but it creaks and cracks when any pressure is applied.

Here is the other one.

Jan25061.JPG

Jan25062.JPG

Jan25063.JPG

hope that's not too many pics. If any one thinks there may be a better wa. please fill me in. Also, I will fully document the process. It may take a while because I start work in the morning, and so evemings and weekends are the time now. Also, I wont be online 14 hours a day anymore.

Any questions or comments? Also, can some one instruct me how to do a scarf joint. Do I nee a thicker piece if wood than the headstoch? or just one the same thickness?

Can someone take measurement s and stuff off a scarf jointed headstock for me. I need this info now ish. I would appreciater it. I know the knowledge is here I just havent tapped it yet.