NGD Ibanez Prestige Rg657ahm

FINEFUZZ

My first electric guitar was a Jetking 2, which I still have, but obviously this is no comparison.

I must say, this guitar stays wonderfully in tune and the super wizard neck is simply sensual.
This finish is definitively not resilient, (hard to determine without handling it prior to purchase) but that is the nature of this type of finish I suppose.

Oh, and that single coil with the split humbucker setting is pure delight. I have been on the fence with purchasing an Ibanez rg652ahm for the last year without the (crowded/ obnoxious?) single coil position, but these are the tones I am finding the most pleasant.

IMG_20181109_122100.jpg

IMG_20181109_121852.jpg

IMG_20181109_122125.jpg

IMG_20181109_122358.jpg

IMG_20181109_122629.jpg

Edited by FINEFUZZ
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/9/2018 at 12:50 PM, FINEFUZZ said:

My first electric guitar was a Jetking 2, which I still have, but obviously this is no comparison.

I must say, this guitar stays wonderfully in tune and the super wizard neck is simply sensual.
This finish is definitively not resilient, (hard to determine without handling it prior to purchase) but that is the nature of this type of finish I suppose.

Oh, and that single coil with the split humbucker setting is pure delight. I have been on the fence with purchasing an Ibanez rg652ahm for the last year without the (crowded/ obnoxious?) single coil position, but these are the tones I am finding the most pleasant.

IMG_20181109_122100.jpg

IMG_20181109_121852.jpg

IMG_20181109_122125.jpg

IMG_20181109_122358.jpg

IMG_20181109_122629.jpg

gold and cream... what a lovely combo.  not crazy about the ash grain breaking up the finish but it would probably grow on me if i looked at it for a while.  beautiful guitar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FINEFUZZ said:

I picked it especially for the grain showing through.  Unfortunately the clear is ultra-thin and I have worn through to the raw wood on some of the sharp edges.  The wear will look cool over time, I guess.

right on... it probably would look good worn a bit.  now if only we can get goldmember to play it!  hehe.  I love gold stuff, not sure why others hate on it.