KEA attempted builds, 2019

On 1/25/2019 at 3:23 AM, ADFinlayson said:

How thick is that ziricote? 😮 must have cost a fortune!

The ziricote was originally 1 5/8" thick. I had to take it down to about 1 1/8" thick.

It weighs a ton Scott, but i havent officially weighed it yet.

Thanks everybody! Since i have to build less, i tried focusing on making the builds i do have time for the best i can.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 7:00 AM, ScottR said:

And how much does it weigh?:blink:

Dang Luis, you've got bodies stacked up like cordwood. You're a regular one day a week factory. And it's all gorgeous as always.

SR

Some of those bodies ive had for like a year that i never got around to.  I also still have enough wood to make that many more, if i ever got around to it.

• 3 months later...

Just thought i would check in.

LIfe has been super busy still. I have experienced a lot of emotionally taxing things the past 6 months.

I really havent felt like building. All of these projects are still sitting in my garage.

Hope you are all doing well!

5 hours ago, killemall8 said:

LIfe has been super busy still. I have experienced a lot of emotionally taxing things the past 6 months.

I really havent felt like building. All of these projects are still sitting in my garage.

No idea what u r going thru... but i feel like "I know the feeling".  Building for me has become how I forget about all the 5 o'clock traffic in my mind... until I run up against some trouble... then it becomes more 5 o'clock traffic! 

Here's to some open lanes for both of us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, killemall8 said:

Cheers Luis!

I'm sure those projects will start talking to you before too long. In the meantime go fishing! That always knocks all the other crap out of my mind....at least for a while.

SR

On 5/14/2019 at 8:22 AM, ScottR said:

Cheers Luis!

I'm sure those projects will start talking to you before too long. In the meantime go fishing! That always knocks all the other crap out of my mind....at least for a while.

SR

Yo Scottie!
Ive been dying ot go fishing. I havnt gone in almost 7 months, and that is probably the longest ive gone in the past 10 years. Its pure torture! I dont have any free days right now and its killing me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I both drool and want to quit building after seeing such stunning masterpieces! Isn't that normal?

Edited by Bizman62