KEA attempted builds, 2019

37 minutes ago, ScottR said:

Crazy good!

Are you spraying your bursts with an airbrush or a gun? Or something else entirely? They are very well executed however they are done!

SR

Thanks! Ive spent so much time dialing in the perfect burst.
I do use a mini detail spray gun for the bursts. Much more controllable and i get really consistent results!
The blue one i really dialed it back to minimum settings and used it to just do a very fine edge.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The finish on the tabletop doesn't match with your standards. Then again it adds a similar contrast to the grass, further enhancing the popped grain and stellar gloss of your guitars.

Where's that envious green emoji with a sour face?

Seems like everybody loves the blue one... I hated it at first haha. But thats what the buyer wanted!
I also took the plunge and bought a new resaw sized bandsaw. Went with a grizzly 17". Got it set up today. Works great!
Here is the first top i resawed with it.

DSCF7012.JPG

DSCF7014.JPG

• Like 2

Hope everybody is doing well during all this craziness.
Here is a cool thing that happened in the past couple days.

Normally my green guitars get a lot of roasting. But somehow this one had the most reach and views ive ever had on my business page. over 14,000!

Reach.png

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 1:31 AM, Prostheta said:

Your finishing work has been taken to another level Luis. The hard work and persistence is evident in how far you've come, man!

Thank you everybody! I still run into a few kinks occasionally, but thankfully ive been in the zone!