GOTM for February

Time to choose  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You got my vote Lex. In all honesty I would never vote for my own instrument when the choices are so obvious. Nice work, man. What clinched it was seeing the picture of the back of that walnut bass. How was the wood to work with? Easy to rout, sand, etc. as compared to other woods?

Just wait til next time tho...I still have LOTS of mahogany left and some new ideas,

:D

How was the wood to work with? Easy to rout, sand, etc. as compared to other woods?

Just like any other piece of Walnut, harder to work than Mahogany. The back is sapwood while the front is heartwood, that's why it looks that way. Thanks for your vote BTW. :D

I'm a bit in a stretch here...I'd like to vote for southpa just for the simple reason of having his guitar on the front page. Who knows, maybe the guy who stole it thinks he really can make a buck when he sells it, puts it on ebay and sha-bang we have him balls to the wall. Then again, Wes' carved top is so sleek, I get slightly aroused looking at the pics. Lex' custom bass is a sight to behold and...I think I'll waite till last minute with my vote and then flip a coin...a nine-sided coin, that is

so long

ace

Very tough choice, for sure. It was down to Lex and JFC for me.

Ultimately, i voted for Lex, mainly because i feel it's a very aesthetically pleasing and original design, plus that walnut looks tasty enough to lick!

Fantastic work from everyone. (Especially JFC... outstanding work for your first guitar!) There are no losers, as far as i'm concerned.

Lex got my vote. That bass is just beatiful and the whole composition just looks "right". It was really hard to decide between JFC's guitar and this bass.

JFC's guitar looks really beautiful, but I just don't like to play Les Pauls and their inferiour brethren....:D

That said the "sothern pearl" from bluespresence looks VERY nice and the inlay on ryeisnotcool2's bass is eye cathing.

lex has mine. ever since i layed eyes on the concept of a 5 string fretless.. well i fell in love. looks sweet, people would be amazed when you play it, and its just so cool!

though i must admit, if it wasnt for my little fantasy, i would have one rough time voting

congrats JFC! great 1st guitar. a ton of respect to you!

Guys for next month my guy who taught me a lot about guitar building has a SICK guitar built. I saw it live today and honestly i was in AWE! it was an AMAZING looking guitar. absolutly amazing. I'll get pictures of his guitar up by next week.