1st build Walnut Multiscale 7 string

15 hours ago, Lwguitar said:

The top is held on with magnets and you push on the corner to pop it off.

Could you please tell a little more about that? I've already got the magnets but haven't yet decided how to remove the control cavity cover of my current build.

2 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Could you please tell a little more about that? I've already got the magnets but haven't yet decided how to remove the control cavity cover of my current build.

The shallow recess that the control plate sits on has a low spot at one end, so when you push the cover down on that end, the other end pops up and you can grab it, 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lwguitar said:

Make sure and back up your computers! I just lost all of my design work for this guitar when my hard drive went down. 

You've got a print out of your fret slots, that's the main thing to worry about IMO. You can work out position of tuners, bridge etc from that. I make it up as I go along most of the time anyway, most fun that way :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ADFinlayson said:

You've got a print out of your fret slots, that's the main thing to worry about IMO. You can work out position of tuners, bridge etc from that. I make it up as I go along most of the time anyway, most fun that way :D 

haha, I have a print out of my frets glued to a piece of MDF unfortunately. I can use Fret2Find to print out another fret layout, the big loss was the bridge drawing and the pickup drawing. Hopefully I printed out some of those.