Osorio CS 2019 Builds

2 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

LOL seeing them lined up like that is like watching the Shadows or ZZ Top stage coreography!

"every girl is crazy for a sharp dessed man!" lt's put some plush when finishing! lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In fact #1 I'm building to my self. It's a simple guitar without top and will receive probably a solid matte withe finish.

Due different woods on the body and top they will sound different.

Visually I think that both #2 an #4 it's more my mood at this moment

I don't know what kind finishes use into them, but think that I'm going into these modern burst that people are using today, but at same time I want smothing classy that if you look for the guitar past 10 years still tasty to the eyes.

Give me some directions guys ....

1 hour ago, psikoT said:

The second one, from left to right...

That is what I would end up choosing as well, I think....yes #3 and yes they all do look great. I am looking forward to seeing the final body shape with the violin cutouts.

1 hour ago, Osorio said:

I'm going into these modern burst that people are using today, but at same time I want smothing classy that if you look for the guitar past 10 years still tasty to the eyes.

And I agree with that as well. A nice little burst to focus the attention on the beauty of the wood.

SR

42 minutes ago, ScottR said:

That is what I would end up choosing as well, I think....yes #3 and yes they all do look great. I am looking forward to seeing the final body shape with the violin cutouts.

And I agree with that as well. A nice little burst to focus the attention on the beauty of the wood.

SR

Sorry but these ones din't have the violin cutouts! It's nice and have a great design apeal but you get tired of them soon playing all days.  The out line in this 4 projects it's inspired on those with violin cutouts plus some influences of other modern outlines with my personal touch. Headstock is ESP kinda, but I'll change it.

Even the arch top will not appear, instead of it I'll make some bevels where intent to show the sides of top and back woods of the top. Like I said, its a modern design, for this reason I take care and think well every cut.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, ScottR said:

I'll say!

The contours you're creating on both ends of the fretboard are especially nice.

SR

LOL!! The raw became a fine touch! Ever!

I'm almost finish, need to sand some things to glue body and neck together, but I decide to put fishman Presys into #1 (for my own). So more cavities are needed to open. 

Before someone ask, I remove the mic pickup circuit, and there will enter the signal from magnetic pickups to blend with piezo. A switch will make the magnetic signal enter or not into the preamp, but I have to think this circuit better.

• 1 month later...

Tks folks!

That white finish it's pretty simple to do and looks great at the end.

Is a four coat paint. First a white coat, following by 5 coats of pearl. The marble effect I do using silver paint and a plastic trash bag. Appling silver paint on the plastic and puffing over the pearl coat. Finishing with a mate varnish. Simple!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wow, just Wow! The blue burst is stunning! And that comes from a guy who prefers earthy colours on wood.

The colour scheme looks similar to a beach by the crystal clear sea:

kuva.png.891e648300a52a199ce2f10ec1af6456.png

• Like 2

• 4 months later...