Perhaps a scroll, definitely 3 single coils, and maybe an F hole.

Wicking in thin CA left it looking like this.

DSC02658.JPG

I broke open those bubbles and did multiple fills with CA.That left a smooth surface. but was still visible.And after a week it sank, as expected. What follows is a long process of adding a bit of tinted lacquer to diffuse the visible areas and lacquer spot fills over that. Rinse and repeat and finally add enough lacquer to stand proud and leave it that way for a few months and then level and polish it again.

DSC02670.JPG

That is where it stands right now. It is smooth today, and I'm going to finish the glamour shots in this condition. I found myself in bright low angle sun again and took this shot specially for @Bizman62.

DSC02661.JPG

And the rest for all of us.

DSC02664.JPGDSC02673.JPGDSC02678.JPGDSC02681.JPGDSC02683.JPG

SR

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ScottR said:

I appreciate the sentiment Carl.

And I love the paradox you've built. Since you don't wear a hat....is your head not bare.....

SR

Exactly. 😉

Not wearing a hat right now seems a correct yet superfluous tribute. Nonetheless, I don't make the rules, so uncovered it is. 

19 minutes ago, ScottR said:
32 minutes ago, Prostheta said:

Hat falls off?

Certainly, if it's a poor fit.

Some newspaper rolled under the sweatband does a nice shim for a tighter fit.

My hats seemed to shrink at the same pace as my hairdo got skinnier. Or, did my head grow so fast it pushed the hair off? 🙄

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ScottR said:

When your head stops growing, will your hair catch up and make an appearance?

I'm afraid that's not going to happen. The collective and cumulative wisdom of this community will most likely continue to fill my brain which will require more space, thus never stopping the growth.

Edited by Bizman62

Maybe you've got it better.

Instead of pushing my hair off,  all new knowledge I gain pushes old knowledge out to make room.

And there seems to be no guidelines for what goes.. I could know something yesterday, learn some cool stuff tonight, and tomorrow have no clue what happened to that thing we were talking about yesterday.:P

SR

I could stare at the contour of the back cover plate forever. Incredible.

Judging by your switch position, you are favoring the neck pup. What does it the guitar sound like?

• Like 1