Refinishing Opinions Please

Kirk

Hey guys, this is my first post. I know a few of you already, but for those of you who don't know me I'll be up front - I am an A-hole. BTW Brian, the site looks great and the forum is also very well organized. Kudos.

Anyhow, I am refinishing one of my guitars and I am fishing for opinions before I start spraying. I am doing an ubran camo graphic, using three colors: white, black, grey. Below is a pic of the taped body. The blue tape is going to be white, black splotches are black and the blue splotches are grey. Should I do less, more, differently...

TIA

bluecamo.JPG

[tootyourownhornmodeon]Kirk is the master of the under $50 refinish job.[/tootyourownhornmodeoff]

Cost: Approximately $35 (not including the steal of a deal I got on the guitar.)

Materials: Krylon textured spray paint. If anyone has ever seen a US military vehicle up close, then you will know what this finish looks like. That is what I was trying to achieve - something similar to a military vehicle finish. Tape, an Exacto knife and a half a pack of Marlboro reds.

Time: Approximately 4 hours (including one failed attempt using stencils)

Results: Major improvement from it's original state. I'm out and gigging now, and from the audience it will look like a pro job anyhow. I am not disappointed with the results, but if I had $600 I'd have sent it off to GMW for a pro job. :D

espm1camo.JPG

I'll post pics of the whole thing when it is done in a few hours, but I was kind of excited about it, so I posted this pic.