Number 3!

• 2 months later...

Making an ebony scratch plate. This came from a vintage dressing table set that has been sitting in an old dears bedroom for the last 100 years. It’s a nice way to buy a useful sized piece of ebony. 
 She needs a bit of final shaping, also I’m debating wether I should put a high polish on the ebony or leave it with more of a low shine . I think I’m leaning toward the latter.

The camera flash makes this stuff come alive!

5E691949-8CAA-4229-9E2B-354D31713519.jpeg

Edited by Danstinyexplorer
Duplicate images
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Danstinyexplorer said:

Going to do a neater one now I know the idea works, this one somehow turns it into Ming the Merciless’s guitar!

I must say it gives the headstock a lot more character! Before it looked like the mitre of a senile bishop, now the sharp point emphasizes the bookmatch, the curves mirroring the top. You'd have a hard job to improve that design!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danstinyexplorer said:

Working on a truss rod cover. She has some rare earth magnets hidden inside so no screws needed. Going to do a neater one now I know the idea works, this one somehow turns it into Ming the Merciless’s guitar!

C203CAF8-E95D-4429-AD5A-950687EAFAD2.jpeg

FAF52E3D-AB63-4CE5-BD03-3F54032EEE0E.jpeg

hmm, not sure I get the reference?

y2ix3xmc97sqqsc.jpg?skj2io4l

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...