Vulcanized fibre for pick ups

BigH

I recently built my own single coil pick ups for a strat project and I’m looking to make some more. Does anyone know of a supplier of the flatwork material in the UK. Or does anyone know the specific makeup of the material so I can look for a supplier.

BigH

Is it imperative that it's vulcanised fibre material? Vulcanised fibreboard may be available from an electrical wholesaler as a switchboard insulating material, although you might striggle to find anything thin enough for pickup construction.

Maybe try tube amp building suppliers? Point-to-point tag boards are sometimes made from similar materials.

Anything flat, rigid, non-conductive and easy to shape would surely work - plastic sheeting, fibreglass sheeting, thin timber...

Google?

Re plywood, I just noticed I have a small 2 mm thin 3 ply square large enough for a P90. It came with a square white mold cheese sold as an Alpine theme product! The only issue with it is that it's slightly arched due to the moisture of the cheese since the top and bottom have a similar grain direction. More cross laminated plies would be better.