Finished my amp

goat

Been building a tube amp as fervorously as I did my guitar,that`s why I havn`t been posting,but I finished this head.

Now I`ll be building cabinets.I have two 12" speakers.An Alnico blue and a greenback.I`m going to build a mini-cabinet for each.The top one will be a slant so they will look like mini-stacks.

This amp sounds unbelievable.It`s from a Marshall 18 Watt schemetic.Class A watts.It drives a 4x12 cabinet LOUD!

A normal and a Tremolo channel.All Tube.

Tube amp

Check your link-ey, Goat, I aint' a seein' it.

Hey, where did you have Johnny sign that guitar, it looks like either he's in your living room or your in his!

Johnny lives in PA doesn't he? Hmmmm...

BTW, been wonderin' where you went off to. :D

Are you a member of the 18watter club on Yahoo?

My old amp tech built one of those for someone who consigned him to do it, that guy got all his parts from the parts list off of the 18watter club site. Nice amp.

I always wanted to stick it up against my '65 Magnatone M-10 (35W cathode biased) which I modded to 3-10 from the original 1-8" factory setup. Those are killer amps, they just stuck them in less-than-par boxes and too-small speakers.

What power tubes are you running in that, I remember them using something a little off the beaten path. 7189A's?

Didn't they break that place up or something?

Good to see you back, now where's those amp pics?

Check your link-ey, Goat, I aint' a seein' it.

Hey, where did you have Johnny sign that guitar, it looks like either he's in your living room or your in his!

Johnny lives in PA doesn't he? Hmmmm...

BTW, been wonderin' where you went off to. :D

Are you a member of the 18watter club on Yahoo?

My old amp tech built one of those for someone who consigned him to do it, that guy got all his parts from the parts list off of the 18watter club site. Nice amp.

I always wanted to stick it up against my '65 Magnatone M-10 (35W cathode biased) which I modded to 3-10 from the original 1-8" factory setup. Those are killer amps, they just stuck them in less-than-par boxes and too-small speakers.

What power tubes are you running in that, I remember them using something a little off the beaten path. 7189A's?

Didn't they break that place up or something?

Good to see you back, now where's those amp pics?

Yeah Drak,its www.18watt.com now.That`s the amp I built.They didn`t break up,they got their own site.

It has a EZ81/6AC4 rectifier , 2 EL84/6BQ5 power tubes and 3 ECC 83/12AX7`s

It`s a KILLER tone.

Tell me if this link works.

That was me and Johnny at the Stone Pony.

AMPLIFIER

Nice!

How much did it cost to build it? Would you say that it would hold up against any other amp in it's class (quality of sound)? Any hard to find parts?

Cost about $300 to make.

They call it "The Holy Grail" as far as sound goes.

An original sells for $4,000 -$8,000 on flea-bay.

hey goat thats a really nice job! Would have made a great tutorial too! Are you thinking of doing another? And if so ask Brian if it can be included as a tut!

:D

Thanks eddie.

As far as tone,I`ve never heard better.If I do another,I`ll do the Treble Middle Bass version.

As far as tutorals, the www.18watt.com site is the place for all your information.

They are real helpful.I wouldn`t feel confident telling people to play with high voltages and I`m not much of a teacher/writer.

Nice looking amp Goat. I noticed you hadn't been around for a while. While you were gone though you missed a few of us having a chat about amp building in the Electronics section.

Thinking of doing it when I've finished the 2 1/2 guitars that I'm doing now. Thought of making your own effects pedels yet? There's a few links in the Electroncs section if you do. :D

Well done dude, hope mine looks half as nice as yours when it's done B)