Three teles... Tuxedo is close...

Just now, Muzz said:

Fantastic features on the guitar, it also looks and sounds gorgeous

(I'm out of likes... but I tried!)

thank you sir.  Means a lot to me - the support I get from members here... and the tips/tricks... so can't say thank you enough.  Don't know if I've interacted with you before but if not - nice to meecha!

2 minutes ago, ScottR said:

I meant to mention...that I love the F-hole.

That sounds so dirty...<_<

Which in a guitar is actually a good thing.

It's good to hear from @Muzz. He once had the distinction of authoring the longest running thread, POINTY STICK, I do think @Norris has probably usurped that honor by now though.

SR

well thank you sir!  It was a great improvement over my last attempt for sure!

Norris - literally rofl

• Like 1

Holy Mackerel, Kid! First I'd like to thank you for that beautiful intro, it totally made me stop and listen. I already had my mouse pointer ready to jump forward after a few seconds but you really did justice to the looks and sound properties of the guitar. Was that your own arrangement of the classic? If so, I'd like to get an album full of those! Very refreshing to hear something else than metal in a guitar demo.

4 hours ago, Norris said:

I'm thinking of calling it "Patience" 😄

when i first started partscaster building I would always rush at the end and screw something up. actually had to learn myself to not do that. harder than it looks right(being patient)!

4 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Holy Mackerel, Kid! First I'd like to thank you for that beautiful intro, it totally made me stop and listen. I already had my mouse pointer ready to jump forward after a few seconds but you really did justice to the looks and sound properties of the guitar. Was that your own arrangement of the classic? If so, I'd like to get an album full of those! Very refreshing to hear something else than metal in a guitar demo.

thank you biz.  that is 'yellow rose of texas' by albert lee.  doesn't sound very hard -like his typical stuff... but all over the place he does doublestop slides where he changes the distance between the two notes he's sliding.  still learning that song 20 years now!  thanks -you are very kind. 

10 hours ago, mistermikev said:

(I'm out of likes... but I tried!)

thank you sir.  Means a lot to me - the support I get from members here... and the tips/tricks... so can't say thank you enough.  Don't know if I've interacted with you before but if not - nice to meecha!

You are welcome Mike, the forum is such a wealth of expertise and support, great to meet you, you will get so much lasting pleasure from your new guitar

Just now, Muzz said:

You are welcome Mike, the forum is such a wealth of expertise and support, great to meet you, you will get so much lasting pleasure from your new guitar

tru dat.  on all levels.  many here responsible for all I know.

I've been playing this guitar non stop!  getting my investment back!

9 hours ago, ScottR said:

I meant to mention...that I love the F-hole.

That sounds so dirty...<_<

Which in a guitar is actually a good thing.

It's good to hear from @Muzz. He once had the distinction of authoring the longest running thread, POINTY STICK, I do think @Norris has probably usurped that honor by now though.

SR

Always great to chat with you Scott and nice to see someone mosey along the build pathway enjoying the journey

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mistermikev said:

that is 'yellow rose of texas' by albert lee.

The opening tune? Yellow Rose of Texas? Well I'll be damned! I even got the state wrong...

13 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

The opening tune? Yellow Rose of Texas? Well I'll be damned! I even got the state wrong...

yup.  big albert lee fan here.  this is about the only thing I've ever heard him do that I can actually play!

6 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

I could have sworn it was the Tennessee Waltz. Well, it's your native music, not mine...

now that you mention it... I think you are right.  (I'm senile).  I learned it from a "master class with albert lee" book about 20 years ago.  It was an off the cuff recording of him that doesn't appear on any of his albums.  in my defense... both  are waltz!

24 minutes ago, mistermikev said:

in my defense... both  are waltz!

Seriously? Yellow Rose of Texas is 2/2, Tennessee Waltz 3/4.

Wouldn't it be better if we both edit our posts starting from where you first said the name of the piece...

15 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

Seriously? Yellow Rose of Texas is 2/2, Tennessee Waltz 3/4.

Wouldn't it be better if we both edit our posts starting from where you first said the name of the piece...

yes lets go back... also apparently yellow rose is 4/4.  well, on the bright side that confirms that this was NOT yellow rose!

Hey, things happen! And having built such a beauty you're allowed to be a little confused.

The meter of "Rose" seems to vary, the first notes I found said 2/2 but truth to be said I've never really understood the difference between the two.

15 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

Hey, things happen! And having built such a beauty you're allowed to be a little confused.

The meter of "Rose" seems to vary, the first notes I found said 2/2 but truth to be said I've never really understood the difference between the two.

"I can't be held responsible for things I say and/or do... also... I'm not good with numbers... and letters... and things people say"

30 minutes ago, ScottR said:

I get accused of that from time to time. Like you say- it bothers me not at all!

SR

I feel like the back might be mocking me tho... "You'll not top this!".  ok.  we'll see. 

going to try to do a cherry burst with a preval kit and some watco lacquer and aniline dye - any advice on that?  I'm guessing you just mix the dye w alcohol, let it sit for a while, and drop some in with the lacquer?

2 hours ago, mistermikev said:

I'm guessing you just mix the dye w alcohol, let it sit for a while, and drop some in with the lacquer?

That will work. The preferred method is to mix the dye with the solvent for the medium in use, which in this case would be lacquer thinner. Remember that it is an additive process. Each coat darkens what is already there.

Also, if it is your first time, do not be alarmed at how dull and matte the tinted coats look. They'll go to transparent gloss as soon as you spray a layer of clear lacquer over them. Finally, make sure you enough enough clear layers over your tinted layers. You do not want to get into the tinted layers when you are leveling.

SR

26 minutes ago, ScottR said:

That will work. The preferred method is to mix the dye with the solvent for the medium in use, which in this case would be lacquer thinner. Remember that it is an additive process. Each coat darkens what is already there.

Also, if it is your first time, do not be alarmed at how dull and matte the tinted coats look. They'll go to transparent gloss as soon as you spray a layer of clear lacquer over them. Finally, make sure you enough enough clear layers over your tinted layers. You do not want to get into the tinted layers when you are leveling.

SR

right on.  Idk if keda has any issues being mixed with lacquer thinner... I know  it mixes with either alcohol or water so will research that.  Good info afa dull.  Already one step ahead afa clear layers under.  Had already thought of that as was anticipating - if things go wrong - might need to restart the burst part and don't want to effect the yellow under... but thanks for confirming I'm on the right trail!

• 3 weeks later...