Sharing Guitar Plans

One of the things I actually enjoy about the build process is drawing plans.  Here are plans I've drawn so far for guitars that either don't have plans available or it is difficult to find, all of them are still being refined and having details added so they are at different stages of completeness.  However, if you would like any of them then send me a message and I'm happy to share them.  As with all plans you should print them and create templates and test fit everything to ensure everything fits properly first.

BC Rich Eagle

ajFAHCF.jpg

BC Rich Seagull

SEdwtMt.jpg

Malcolm Young Gretsch

542q9dq.jpg

PRS S2 Vela

uxqCofX.jpg

Steinberger XT-2

bhtNao9.jpg

Rickenbacker 330/12 (with a wider 660/12 neck)

eeSvgAL.jpg

• Like 1

what a great share.  I too love the planning part a lot and have done the eagle myself but a few oddities here that are not in my collection and I will add.  thank you very much for that.

5 hours ago, mistermikev said:

what a great share.  I too love the planning part a lot and have done the eagle myself but a few oddities here that are not in my collection and I will add.  thank you very much for that.

I can send you PDFs or Illustrator Files of you would prefer rather than grabbing the images from here.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Woltz said:

I can send you PDFs or Illustrator Files of you would prefer rather than grabbing the images from here.

I appreciate the offer but jpg is fine.  the way I would use is just the body shape as a reference.  if I were to build I would probably go with my own scale length and perhaps change other details so the main thing I do is just take the body shape and use it's outline.  I can see they need to be scaled but the hard part of getting the curves is done so... great. 

the seagull is an interesting one for me - have not seen that model b4.  no bc rich expert but I've been around.

11 hours ago, mistermikev said:

I appreciate the offer but jpg is fine.  the way I would use is just the body shape as a reference.  if I were to build I would probably go with my own scale length and perhaps change other details so the main thing I do is just take the body shape and use it's outline.  I can see they need to be scaled but the hard part of getting the curves is done so... great. 

the seagull is an interesting one for me - have not seen that model b4.  no bc rich expert but I've been around.

Yeh I'd never heard of the Seagull until someone messaged me and asked if I could draw a basic plan so he could make a routing  template.

29 minutes ago, Woltz said:

Yeh I'd never heard of the Seagull until someone messaged me and asked if I could draw a basic plan so he could make a routing  template.

kind of surprised that pics are so prevalent.  had never seen one. def unique.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 3:20 AM, Woltz said:

Woltz,

I would like to have the PDF and AI files for the BC Rich Eagle and the PRS Vela if you wouldn't mind sharing them?  

On 2/20/2021 at 7:00 AM, KeysNGuitar said:

Woltz,

I would like to have the PDF and AI files for the BC Rich Eagle and the PRS Vela if you wouldn't mind sharing them?  

On 2/6/2021 at 9:38 PM, KSMED78 said:

Hi I am new to this forum. Great work on the Vela plans. If I was to want a scaled copy to print off how would I go about getting one?

If you both p.m. me your email addresses I'm happy to send you both the plans.  The PDF is 1:1 scale.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a plan for a Humbucker - Single - Single configuration?  I just want to make a routing template for my build.  The plans I have all have H-H but I would like to make my build with HSS.   Not sure if it matters but I am using a 25" scale.

Thank you!!

• 5 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ADFinlayson said:

@Woltz These are great, do you have a full size pdf of the Vela? a friend of mine has just asked me to make him one 

P.M. me your email address mate and I'll send you the file.  I haven't made a template from the plans yet so there may be some minor tweaks required that only become apparent when the templates have been made but it should give you a starting point.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:18 PM, LuchoRocha said:

Hello, great work with those drawings..
i would like to have the plans, please. i`ll use it as a start for my design

knock_knock_@hotmail.com
thanks for sharing!!

Hey mate,  you should get an email now with a Google Drive link.