Striping using sandpaper is damn hard work

Ive spent almost 4 hours this afternoon stripping paint off my guitar body and its still a way to go lol

sure is satisfying watching it all come off tho. got a load to do but hopefully i can get that done tomorrow and wednesday. then its onto spraying as soon as ive got the paints :D

man this is fun, i want to make more guitars

ya i had to do the same thing for the bass im gonna be reshaping and refinishing . Currently it is a standard P bass(was black) but after im done its gonna be a sefoam green semi super strat style P bass....i hope to get to my uncles tonight to do some of the shaping but i dont know....i have no tools (besides my trusty dremel) of my own and am saving up for a new amp so i cant buy anything

I'm doing my first project now with sandpaper, rasp and wood chisels to do a carve top. I've learned that using a strip of sandpaper about 2 inches wide by 2 feet long I can get at the hard to reach areas like inside the horns easily. What I do is place two fingers over the sandpaper and pull the sandpaper towards me. There may be better ways but this has worked well for me so far. I then use a scrap piece of maple as a sanding block for the convex, flat sections. I even have stickyback sandBy looking and feeling the edges I've gotten a pretty smooth surface. I'm no CNC machine but even with basic tools it's looking good. I think it can be done right with these limited tools but it will take longer. I'm in no hurry though. I never work on it when I'm tired or on too much caffiene :D

Sanded down everything on a strat copy except for inside the horns. Started using an orbital sander but theres nothing like wrapping a bit of wood with sandpaper and using but force. :D

Been trying to square up the edges of my other (from scratch) project body. mmmm, think I need to buy some more tools. B):D