LGM Guitars T shirt design contest

Hey, like I said, I'm terrible with Photoshop. I just saw this post and saw no one had replied so I though I'd help the guy out. The reason I have an airbrush in there is because LGM wants guitars and airbrushing to be represented. I think it wouldn't look all that bad on the back of a t-shirt but then, what do I know?

Hey, like I said, I'm terrible with Photoshop. I just saw this post and saw no one had replied so I though I'd help the guy out. The reason I have an airbrush in there is because LGM wants guitars and airbrushing to be represented. I think it wouldn't look all that bad on the back of a t-shirt but then, what do I know?

It's pretty damned good for someone who's "terrible with photoshop"... :DB)

If I was in "LGM's" position, I would make my own shirts. I would make a wood or thick cardboard piece to put the shirts on, then a few templates to lay on and spray a design on that way. Maybe even have part of it free-hand airbrushed to give it that extra "edge". I mean, he knows how to use an airbrush, so why not use it to airbrush shirts ?

Unfortunately I don't have the time to even do the design work much less a run of T shirts.

Anyway, onto bigger and better things.......

The T shirts will have the LGM Guitars & Graphix logo on the front. Darren, I don't know why you're so adamant about changing the logo when I am 100% happy with the company logo. Beyond that, changing the logo now would mean thousands of dollars lost in printed materials at this point, not something I'm willing to do. Besides, when you have a logo you love, you keep it, it's the logo that people recognize so changing it isn't an option.

As for the graphic on the back of the T shirt, With silk screening, in a 2 or 3 color process you can do a lot. I don't really care if green is used in the back graphic or not to be honest. The thing is, each additional color adds to the cost.

An airbrush doesn't need to be part of the picture, just some type of graphic associated with airbrushing, that's why I mentioned skulls and flames.

I have an idea of what I would like, I've ever rough sketched it, I just haven't had the time to put it into motion, hence the post on here.

I'm glad to see some interest on here though, I'd like to see some more idea's if possible.

Well, I've said it like 3 times now LOL, but

Think about what is most notably airbrushed, motorcycles, now consider what you see on many motorcycles, harley's in particular.

You see:

Skulls

Flames

Flaming skulls

demons

wizards

women

dragons

etc etc etc.

Now, considering the image will be basically one main color (which can be shaded, modern silk screening can do shading fades no problem) I have suggested images that would suit it well, like Skulls or flames and guitar graphics. Consider any picture turned into black and white. This is what it needs to be, a single color with shading, duo tone graphic.

Here is a really quick, really pathetic attempt at my idea, I could airbrush it if I had time, but an airbrushed drawing still needs to be converted to something that can be printed, but here is an example of taking more than one concept and putting them together.

Please forgive my shitty microsoft paint skills, I'm no good with a computer :D

cheesy_skull1.jpg

That's actually not bad JFC, but I'd like more of a demon skull I think, a little less pirate looking, I was thinking too maybe a flame guitar like Steve Vai's, as the background, with a skull in front of it, kind of super imposed over top so that the background of the skull is flames, but in the shape of a guitar.

I'm not really sure I want to do the skull and crossbones idea, it's a little piratish hehehe.

after re-reading, I noticed the discussion about the "LGM". It is indeed based on Vai's Little green men song, but I really don't want to go down the road of aliens again LOL. I'm not a sci-fi type at all, and not into aliens, it's just the name that stuck when I started the business, and I like the name, just not to into aliens LOL.

Nope, Nothing that I really liked enough, and now I'm past the deadline for getting the T shirts done before the trade show, so I guess they'll have to wait. Oh well, we tried. :D

Thank you for the few of you who did come up with idea's, I appreciate the effort. If you want to mess around in your spare time and you come up with something let me know, we'll work something out B)

• 2 weeks later...

I seen this post kinda late, but I just threw this together anyway. I didn't go into a lot of detail. If you still need a design, and want me to change something, I can. I don't know where you planned on getting the shirts printed, but my people usually have a 1-2 week turn around. We aren't that busy right now, so if everything goes well, you should have the shirts by the first weekend in March.

This lost a little bit of quality. It's scaled down 15%. It's real size is 10in x 14in (the size of our screen printer). Because of that, there is a white line around the black part of the skull, that's not really supposed to be there.

lgm.gif