B.C. Rich Part Fitment

Hey guys, I have a B.C. Rich Warlock body that I'm restoring and was looking for some parts fitment. It was my first electric guitar so it has some sentimental value... That being said, it sounds like a 15 year old $200 guitar... becauae it is.

I've already swapped out for locking tuners, better pickups and a nice neck, but i need a bridge that isn't... well... B.C. Rich lol.

I was looking to swap out the stock tune o'matic bridge for like a tremelo bridge of some kind, but B.C. Rich is known to use odd part and thread sizes. Does anyone know of an aftermarket tremelo bridge that would be a direct bolt on? I would love to do a duesenberg les trem or something if it would fit. Any advice would be awesome! Thanks guys!

If the BC Rich Warlock series is particularly variable in terms of the types and sizes of bridges they used, you'll need to do some measurements of your own instrument to determine what will fit. I note that the hardtail version of the Warlock is/was available with a Tune-o-matic tailpiece with through-body stringing, a Tune-o-matic plus Les Paul-style stopbar, and a wraparound-style tailpiece.

Dusenberg claim that the Les Trem requires a stud spacing of 81.5mm/3.2" to install correctly. If your Warlock has matching stopbar stud spacings you're halfway there.

The other thing to determine is the thread pitch of the inserts. The easiest way to do that would be to visit your local hardware store and buy a couple of bolts of known thread pitch in metric and imperial sizes. Whichever bolt fits the insert will tell you whether you need the Dusenberg trem with the imperial or metric anchors, and what thread pitch they should be.

Stetsbar is another company that makes retrofit tremolos for guitars with Nashville-style tailpieces. Helpfully their webpage includes basic dimensional drawings for their products to help you determine the required measurements. 

• 3 months later...