The Trajic Love Life of Wally the Walnut Gnome....or Wally really needs a girlfriend.

ScottR

14 hours ago, Workingman said:

Tell him true love is worth waiting for.

He has pointed out that he was a tree for over 80 years and a gnome for 17 more.... but I will make this point to him. With that many years behind him, patience ought to be second nature for him.

SR

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ScottR said:

He has pointed out that he was a tree for over 80 years and a gnome for 17 more.... but I will make this point to him. With that many years behind him, patience ought to be second nature for him.

SR

Well he has wood and only so much sap left. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't done much more than peek in every so often these past few weeks. Wasn't it CSN&Y that said "maybe it was be cause I had the covid for Christmas"? Or maybe it was flu, That was over 40 years ago. Anyway I did end  up catching it And spent some time at the house over the holidays. I wasn't going anywhere anyway. My symptoms were quite mild, in fact it was mostly over before I realized something was a bit off. Now my wife has it too, with similar mild symptoms. I will say I got tired of coughing.

My first few days at the house were mostly spent chilling and sleeping and then Annie started to get some daily attention. I think I'm finally beginning to capture that exotic look I've been hunting for,

DSC03343.JPGDSC03345.JPGDSC03346.JPGDSC03347.JPGDSC03349.JPG

SR

5 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

She's grown up from an innocent well developed baby girl to a woman with a strong will -  and the only difference is eyebrows!

Eyebrows go a long ways towards projecting emotions. What is more surprising to me is what a difference a subtle change to any plane of her her face makes.

SR

On 12/31/2020 at 8:49 AM, ScottR said:

I forgot to mention the new music (to us) we've listening to....Annie loves it!

SR

guys like him, colter wall, and tyler childers offer a lot of hope for the future of music.  not that "all that new music is crap" is my thing... but just love the idea of the new take on more traditional sounds. 

she's looking nice and smooth there.  the hair almost looks like it's moving.  lovely work as always.

18 hours ago, mistermikev said:

guys like him, colter wall, and tyler childers offer a lot of hope for the future of music.  not that "all that new music is crap" is my thing... but just love the idea of the new take on more traditional sounds. 

Trudat! I agree completely.

SR

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 5:09 PM, mistermikev said:

the hair almost looks like it's moving

That would be an achievement. This stuff could be weaponized. And did I mention that the hair Was. Going. To. Take. For. Ever?

That's the reason for the delays in posts. I've got to get enough done to be able to see a difference or the pictures look like repeats.

DSC03366.JPGDSC03367.JPGDSC03368.JPGDSC03369.JPGDSC03374.JPG

SR

10 minutes ago, ScottR said:

That would be an achievement. This stuff could be weaponized. And did I mention that the hair Was. Going. To. Take. For. Ever?

That's the reason for the delays in posts. I've got to get enough done to be able to see a difference or the pictures look like repeats.

DSC03366.JPGDSC03367.JPGDSC03368.JPGDSC03369.JPGDSC03374.JPG

SR

so realistic... just like a woman to cut you and laugh while you're bleeding!!  looks great tho!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mistermikev said:

just like a woman to cut you and laugh while you're bleeding!!

As it happens, there were a couple of blood stains on her when I started up yesterday morning. I could find any place where I was leaking though.

I wonder what she was doing Saturday night?

:unsure:

SR

• Like 1

Just now, ScottR said:

As it happens, there were a couple of blood stains on her when I started up yesterday morning. I could find any place where I was leaking though.

I wonder what she was doing Saturday night?

:unsure:

SR

nothing to worry about... she was likely just mixing up some sort of potion that required a small amount of your blood.  (love the idea of her running around at night performing mischief!!)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Houston is closed today.

Yesterday it got down to freezing and started to rain. This morning it was 17F and we had a quarter inch of ice under a couple of inches of snow. It got up to 23F today , so we still have the frozen stuff.Single digits are forecast overnight so it is not going anywhere. Minor distraction for most of the world this time of year, but we have no infrastructure for this so we close. It was nearly 80F 5 days ago  and  will be in the 70s this weekend, but freezing between now and then....and no saunas here.

In the meantime Annie's hair is closer to being satisfactory.

DSC03386.JPGDSC03389.JPGDSC03390.JPGDSC03391.JPG

Kind of a cross between Lisa Simpson and Medusa.

SR