The Trajic Love Life of Wally the Walnut Gnome....or Wally really needs a girlfriend.

ScottR

6 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Obviously you didn't think like a shoemaker when you resoled the boot...

Aye, mayhap I should have consulted a cobbler, though 'tis unlikly many have been requested to repair a boot that was torn clean in half.

I was thinkin' more like a ship builder, needin' to splice a spar back together.

SR

• Like 2

I was a bit surprised to learn that carving a neckline was a lot of work. Her face kept getting in the way.

And I kept catching myself holding her feet while working on her boobs.

Anyone else do that?

It gave me leverage, but I was afraid I'd break her foot again.

I didn't get finished, but here are some progress pics. Taking pictures down a well breasted gal's blouse feels a bit pervy...on the other hand Wally is very interested!

DSC03413.JPGDSC03414.JPGDSC03415.JPGDSC03416.JPGDSC03417.JPGDSC03418.JPGDSC03419.JPG

SR

• Like 1

Annie and I listened to a bunch of Robin Trower this weekend. I could swear she was about to burst into a slow grind. I told her that might not be a good idea  whilst I was wielding a very sharp instrument on her girl parts.

Robin is proof that even if you are a hundred and twelve, you still make guitar faces.

Dude makes a strat (with a CBS headstock  no less) just ooze tone.

SR

DSC03424.JPGDSC03425.JPGDSC03426.JPGDSC03427.JPG

We listened to a bunch or Royal Southern Brotherhood- the original lineup- this weekend.

I saw them twice before they shifted the lineup, and  then finally disbanded. Really good stuff.

SR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MiKro said:

I am thinking about the lady in the Red Dress mixed with the Suicide Blonde. ;)

She is looking great Scott.

mk

Thanks Mike.

She's looking dangerous then?

She often looks totally different to me when I post the pictures than she does when I've been turning her around in my hands all day.

Perspective, I guess. Her head looks much more strangely proportioned in the pictures. But what the hell, she's a gnome. There's not a damn thing about her that is reasonably proportioned.

SR

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ScottR said:

Thanks Mike.

She's looking dangerous then?

She often looks totally different to me when I post the pictures than she does when I've been turning her around in my hands all day.

Perspective, I guess. Her head looks much more strangely proportioned in the pictures. But what the hell, she's a gnome. There's not a damn thing about her that is reasonably proportioned.

SR

Annie is looking Dangerous. Remember that. LOL!!!  WHOOP WHOOP.  :)

• Haha 1

Reminds me of these lyrics as I remember having heard them:

"Momma never told me 'bout nothing like y-o-u.
Bet your momma must've been a good looking honey too!
Hello, good l-double o-k-i-n-g,
I smell t-r-o-u-b-l-e..."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Annie wants to see!

DSC03429.JPGDSC03433.JPG

Green eyes?

DSC03435.JPG

And Play doh molds.

DSC03436.JPG

ZPoxy lenses.

DSC03438.JPG

Faceted corneas

I knocked a lot of the unneeded material off with a razor.

I kind of feel like she's going through the cataract surgery I went through....before she can even see.

Soon she'll b e able to see. What if she finds Wally dog butt ugly?

Wally hasn't seen her yet either.....what if he thinks she's a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig?

Too much drama before there's any reason for it. If these kids can't get along they can consider being the flavor on a rack of ribs.

SR

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Prostheta said:

....or a Dolly Parton dress in a cocktail wig?

Or that.

That's actually a lyric from a country song that was popular back in the early 90's, "Trashy Women".

Dude has a questionable prom date:

Excuse me son, that ain't no kid,

That's a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig.

I know it Dad, ain't she cool?

That's the kind I dig.

Wonder if Wally ever heard that song.....probably not, he was still a tree in the early 90's.

SR

17 hours ago, ScottR said:

Faceted corneas

I knocked a lot of the unneeded material off with a razor.

I wonder if you could have saved yourself from some of that work by using a piece of tube within that blu-tac?

4 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

I wonder if you could have saved yourself from some of that work by using a piece of tube within that blu-tac?

I tried a tube fitted to the iris first but it wouldn't seal due to the compound curves I built into her eyes. So I went to the Play doh dam and over flowed it a little because I wanted to be sure I had enough material for the convex shape of the lens and because I wasn't patient enough to do them one at a time. I never thought to use both at the same time. It would have been less messy. I still would have had to trim them with a razor but that is less than a minute's work if you time the epoxy's set up correctly.

Good call!

SR

wow man... the detail of the cutout for her dress/cleavage... that is amazing work.  reminds me of those crazy stone carvers that could make it look like a transparent veil was over the face.  incredible attention to detail.  

also, now i've seen her soul(s).

17 hours ago, MiKro said:

The green eyed jealous type she is huh!! Well, Wally must be on the watch for that to fire up now and again. LOL!!!

Give her Red hair and then watch the fireworks. LMAO!!!!

Just saying. ;) 

mk

Well, It's not like the place is crawling with unattached gnomes trolling for girls. But if he catch's her prowling around all the neighborhood gardens, he may have reason to worry.<_<

SR

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mistermikev said:

wow man... the detail of the cutout for her dress/cleavage... that is amazing work.  reminds me of those crazy stone carvers that could make it look like a transparent veil was over the face.  incredible attention to detail.  

also, now i've seen her soul(s).

You have no idea what a pain in the ass it is to sand cleavage...due to her unique anatomy, her head keeps getting in the way.

SR

• Like 1

Many moons ago, (20, 30 years ago) there was some sort of women's religious 'thing' sitting at a busy intersection in a nearby town.

Women's Catholic monastary maybe? I don't know, it was a long time ago.

But right at the corner of the intersection there was a tall tree sitting beside the place, 50 ft. about.

They hired some company to do a 'tree-art' carve thing to it, exactly what you're doing on a much larger scale.

It was a full-on tree carve, from top to bottom.

The progress was slow, months and months, as it slowly took form and shape.

Finally everyone could see what it was going to be, a full-scale Indian that looked proud and majestic.

Chief? Warrior? Something...it was a long time ago.

Anyway, the progress kept continuing as the months passed.

It was turning out to be magnificent, an absolutely majestic, jaw-dropping, and mind-blowing tree-art carving.

It was stunning, it really, really was stunning to see.

So, after a time I figured it was done, it seemed to be 'done' and was unchanged for a few weeks or maybe a month.

THEN... they started painting the whole thing, and gave the Indian chief some sort of stupid silly-ass Bozo-looking grin.

Totally, completely, and utterly ruined the entire project. It was disgusting what they did to the tree and to the carve.

Before, I couldn't wait to see it when I was driving through the town.

Afterward, I couldn't even bear to look at it, it was so hideously ugly.

I think within a year they cut the whole thing down to the ground.
I'd be willing to bet it was some sort of political or power-grab or otherwise authoritarian religious decision-making that swerved it from one thing to another.

No coorelation between your stunning work and that Indian, its just whenever I see your work it makes me think of that tree.

How absolutely beautiful the carve was and how they completely annihilated its proud beauty with paint and a stupid monkey smiley-face.

Then cut the whole thing down.

Weird.

I've been told that brown eyes are from the dominant gene.

This appears to be true. The green shade is only apparent when I saturate the color.

Oh and BTW I did a quick and dirty polish job on her eyes to see what they would look like.......and because I  couldn't stand to hear her bitching about how dark it was  anymore....even in direct sunlight.

DSC03440.JPGDSC03441.JPGDSC03442.JPGDSC03443.JPG

SR

• Like 1