The Trajic Love Life of Wally the Walnut Gnome....or Wally really needs a girlfriend.

ScottR

I feel like I've been working on Annie's footwear for a month.:huh:

Annie, says that is as should be. footwear are very important to female type creatures.

Wally hasn't picked up on that foible yet, he's been fascinated by the anatomy lesson: the foot bone is connected to the knee bone . The knee bone is connected to the ass bone. Wally doesn't seem to care what is connected to the ass bone.

Annie stood on her head so I could work on her footwear. She is willing to go that extra mile for shoes....

DSC03258.JPGDSC03259.JPGDSC03260.JPGDSC03261.JPGDSC03262.JPGDSC03263.JPG

The girl appears to be seriously brown nosing someone.

SR

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ScottR said:

The girl appears to be seriously brown nosing someone

I've kept noticing the same and wondered if the darkening of certain areas is due to you keeping your hand there. You know, like "don't push your nose in the way of my gouge or you may get hurt." or "no peeking allowed!" Someone with a dirtier mindscape than mine might also think about sentences like "if you let me squeeze here, I'll make you a nice pair of footwear..."

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Looks like the tannins in the Oak darkening. Not sure what they're reacting with though, as steel/iron is usually the cause.

That could be playing a part I suppose. It gets mighty sweaty in a garage in Houston this time of year. There might be some mineral content to go with the sodium I sweat out.

I think it is mostly skin oil from my hands and forearms soaking into the prominent areas and then regular old dirt being attracted to that. As I mentioned before the prominent ares do get used and handles and do come into contact with me as she gets twisted around so let me carve. Her boobs would be just as dark, but they'd had a few swipes with sandpaper now and then. I'll be cleaning her face up in the next few weeks.

SR

14 hours ago, mistermikev said:

"how in the world is he going to find those hands on the back side"  - no answer req... just what I'm wondering about looking at it.

Depends on whom "he" is. If it's Wally, he's not telling. He got a gleeful little smile ....not that you can see it under those mustaches, but his cheeks did lift a little.

If "he" is me, well I'm not even going looking for them. They will completely hidden in those luxuriant oak blond tresses.

:)

SR

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScottR said:

Depends on whom "he" is. If it's Wally, he's not telling. He got a gleeful little smile ....not that you can see it under those mustaches, but his cheeks did lift a little.

If "he" is me, well I'm not even going looking for them. They will completely hidden in those luxuriant oak blond tresses.

:)

SR

noice.  I was thinking it would be an interesting challenge to 'uncover' those from the other side... and then what would she be doing back there?  perhaps two crossed fingers?  so many questions (hehe).  Love the idea of not being able to see because obscured by hair too!

• Like 2

It has been sounding like Annie is getting nothing but Jason Isbell.

Not so.

Mostly it is blues in my garage. And this guy is featured.

This is a video from my favorite local venue...and I was there during this performance, although my view was slightly elevated from that.

That's my favorite blues  player...and I'm going to see him at that same venue next weekend..,FINALLY!

SR

• Like 4

Man, I know this is an art form and all, but I would've freaked out and used a Lancelot blade carver in a right angle grinder on this by now. Good job on your patience.

Nice to see my favorite bench again!

2 hours ago, komodo said:

Man, I know this is an art form and all, but I would've freaked out and used a Lancelot blade carver in a right angle grinder on this by now. Good job on your patience.

Nice to see my favorite bench again!

Hahaha !

One of the main objectives of this little exercise is to keep me artistically occupied for a long long time. Wally doesn't recognize that as a valid objective of course; he's as impatient as you would be. But he can't speak or move so he just has to endure it silently.....must be terribly frustrating for the little hard-wooded dude.

I will admit to getting a bit tired at the progress of carving live oak end grain and picking up a mallet to speed that along from time to time.

SR

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2020 at 5:39 PM, ScottR said:

It has been sounding like Annie is getting nothing but Jason Isbell.

Not so.

Mostly it is blues in my garage. And this guy is featured.

This is a video from my favorite local venue...and I was there during this performance, although my view was slightly elevated from that.

That's my favorite blues  player...and I'm going to see him at that same venue next weekend..,FINALLY!

SR

nice and tasty.  great voice too.  good player... plays 3 notes 20 dif ways in the intro.  very noice.

looking fwd to more hair... drawing is pretty interesting too as I can see her in there and in wood.  bravo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mistermikev said:

nice and tasty.  great voice too.  good player... plays 3 notes 20 dif ways in the intro.  very noice.

looking fwd to more hair... drawing is pretty interesting too as I can see her in there and in wood.  bravo.

Mike is a master at getting the most out of a note, and using a quarter note solo to build suspense. He's quite capable of pyrotechnics, but usually builds up to them till you're begging for them.

These days my working sketches are pretty much organized scribbles. I don't often do a detailed drawing unless I get stuck, preferring to use them more for general shape and proportions, and let the wood and the subject suggest the details.

SR

Just now, ScottR said:

Mike is a master at getting the most out of a note, and using a quarter note solo to build suspense. He's quite capable of pyrotechnics, but usually builds up to them till you're begging for them.

These days my working sketches are pretty much organized scribbles. I don't often do a detailed drawing unless I get stuck, preferring to use them more for general shape and proportions, and let the wood and the subject suggest the details.

SR

right on - I sensed that.  great player/singer.

drawing - right on - really coming along!

• Like 2