The Trajic Love Life of Wally the Walnut Gnome....or Wally really needs a girlfriend.

ScottR

• 2 weeks later...

Annie had to take a breather from the hair dresser. She said she was getting stiff from being in the same position so long...

And she wanted to step back and take a look at her hair, so she could make some recommendations.

:blink:

DSC03294.JPGDSC03295.JPGDSC03297.JPGDSC03299.JPGDSC03301.JPGDSC03302.JPGDSC03303.JPG

Look at her standing there, looking out at the world....

I'm going to have to do something about her eyes. That blank face is kind of creepy.

SR

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MiKro said:

So is Dolly Parton,

She has said in an interview that the reason for her lower body parts being so small including her shoe size is that nothing likes to grow in the shadow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She gets turned in many directions whilst being carved. And she must be held tightly whilst a very sharp blade is being wielded. So..... the best handles providing the best grip is what gets gripped. At this point she doesn't even realize what's happening, but I'm sure I'll have to apologize or at least say excuse me at some point.:)

SR

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mistermikev said:

I noticed that suspiciously there is a lot of petina in certain areas.

@mistermikev haven't you been following this thread with a keen eye? It was already mentioned a couple of pages ago that they're "convenient handles" so some patina is inevitable. 😜

• Like 1

You guys are terrible. 🥴

Talking of Dolly Parton, I think that it is possible to express all things mathematically. On some level Dolly must have profited or taken a greater share of it from the size of her (quoting Zappa) "mammalian protruberances". On some level that is undeniable.

So how much do we owe to her boobies for this Moderna vaccine?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, ScottR said:

She gets turned in many directions whilst being carved. And she must be held tightly whilst a very sharp blade is being wielded. So..... the best handles providing the best grip is what gets gripped. At this point she doesn't even realize what's happening, but I'm sure I'll have to apologize or at least say excuse me at some point.:)

SR

47 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

@mistermikev haven't you been following this thread with a keen eye? It was already mentioned a couple of pages ago that they're "convenient handles" so some patina is inevitable. 😜

OK, so it's def NOT that you are pinching her cheeks and well, um....... nevermind.

It's still all a matter of perspective. Viewed from the shoulders down, they're ginormous. Viewed from the waist up, they are relatively modest.

9 minutes ago, mistermikev said:

OK, so it's def NOT that you are pinching her cheeks and well, um....... nevermind.

Nope, I'm grabbing them and hanging on tight.:D

SR

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Prostheta said:

So how much do we owe to her boobies for this Moderna vaccine?

Speaking about physics, a doctor's ex has told me that modern medicine owes a great deal to the unethical Nazi Germany live human testing.

5 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Speaking about physics, a doctor's ex has told me that modern medicine owes a great deal to the unethical Nazi Germany live human testing.

That's a little disingenuous, maybe even playing fast and loose with history versus scientific progress. Medicine would have gotten to point X regardless of the path. Same as splitting the atom; it was weaponised and utilisation jumped on as part of the process towards learning the nature of the thing. Also, not physics. It does raise the well worn question of morals over ethics; did it qualify as being morally correct whilst ethically wrong? In my opinion, completely not since it was abandonment of decency for the sake of shortcut "results". I wouldn't say that modern medicine "owes", but perhaps should shoulder a little shame for utilising these ill-gotten gains.

Mogwai.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Back when I dealt with such stuff, toxicology and other safety data would sometimes have a note that some of the information was derived from nazi experiments and was thus suspect.  Given the horrors they did no one is going to do the tests again to confirm.  This was way less than 0.1% of the time but if you looked stuff up frequently over twenty-five years you did see it.  

I think talking about Wally and his girlfriend is a better subject to stick to.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have discovered that like small children and dogs, Annie is quite indiscriminate about where she puts her feet while I've got her in my lap and carving her hair.

Maybe it's just a little payback for the patina?

I've gotten quite tired of carving hair.....turns out roughly half of her is hair. I think I've finally managed to get it mostly roughed in.

DSC03319.JPGDSC03320.JPGDSC03321.JPGDSC03327.JPG

SR