Ash's acoustic rabbit hole

It's looking very good, Ash.

As @Bizman62 says, vacuum sanders are pretty good but it will still need careful and thorough vacuuming and sometimes some manual light sanding of the spruce round the edges with a small block and very fine (I use 320 grit non-coloured sandpaper) taking care not to catch the binding or creating an edge or dip in the spruce.  I use a 2cm x 1cm rectangle of plywood with the sandpaper stuck on with double sided tape.

Yes I've got a few tricks I can use, vacuum, tack cloth and mineral spirits. Hopefully with those 3 it will clean up. I was sanding at 11pm and didn't really want to crack out the vacuum and upset the neighbours. 

I will say one thing though - The lack of end grain is bliss.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 7:44 PM, ADFinlayson said:

IMG_0718.thumb.jpg.68a5c55d315bd52e2e20bdde56bac720.jpg

Holy cow you've been busy.
I have to know, if that an original concert shirt? I saw that show from the 10th row center. I'd listened to Killers for a long time, but Bruce was new and he ripped my head clean off.

58 minutes ago, komodo said:

Holy cow you've been busy.
I have to know, if that an original concert shirt? I saw that show from the 10th row center. I'd listened to Killers for a long time, but Bruce was new and he ripped my head clean off.

Not an original but I did pick that t and a couple of others up when I saw them on the legacy of the beast tour, it was Bruces 60th Birthday and Nicko had us all sing happy birthday. Best live show I've seen - They had a different set for every song, full size spit for aces high and a lot of the time he was running around with a flame thrower. I should have taken some pics but I was too busy head banging 🤘🤨

• Haha 1

Haha that's awesome. I've lost count of how many times I've seen them. I do remember Powerslave and Piece of Mind were the coolest tours!
My band in high school was pretty much a Maiden clone band. We did Charlotte, Ides/Wrathchild, Innocent Exile, Killers, Acacia Ave, Powerslave, Losfer Words, Ancient Mariner, Trooper, and To Tame a Land.  Other stuff: Rush, Zep, Kansas, Pat Travers, Dokken, Queensryche, Triumph, YES, BOC, Dio, Ozzy, Sabbath, April Wine. We had this spectacular drummer who could do the most amazing stuff, but his basic time would drift, usually faster as he got excited. LOL Try playing a Queensryche solo pulling behind the beat to rein in your dopey drummer.

Good Times. Back to the build!

• Like 1