I just joined

Hey y'all, I just signed up and I'm looking forward to meeting and getting to know you.

I'm 67 and it's been a long time since I played and for never , literally, to actually repair one.

I'm a total newbie so, there's that.

Anyway, have a good day and see y'all around the forum.

Ron

• Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 6:17 PM, RonMay said:

Hey y'all, I just signed up and I'm looking forward to meeting and getting to know you.

I'm 67 and it's been a long time since I played and for never , literally, to actually repair one.

I'm a total newbie so, there's that.

Anyway, have a good day and see y'all around the forum.

Ron

right on... welcome.  we are all newbies on some topic or another (at least I am).  Look fwd to seeing your guitar shaped objects.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm ok here. There's some small branch debris and one limb in the front yard by the street cracked and more small debris on the roof, but other than that it's ok. We only had the power go out for a couple of minutes, but a lot of the lower Rio Grande Valley had a lot of shortages that have since been restored.

Thanks for asking. :)

Ron

Been there, done that. Been without power for a week a couple of times. Sounds like you got just enough to keep you humble, which is all anyone needs. I'll bet McAllen now has close to their annual allotment of rain.

When I lived down there, Falcon Lake was so low it was indistinguishable from the Rio Grande, except for the boat ramps 200 yds away from the water.

SR

Crusader

This is the reason why I joined, and I can tell you that I have not been disappointed in the least.

I'm trying to rejuvenate an old mid to late '60s Regal Jumbo Western ( dreadnought) Regal guitar. It belonged to my late brother and it's the one I learned to play on at 13 yrs. old or so.

The price to fix it is pretty steep and I'm trying to take care of the repairs that I can while taking care of some of the aesthetic issues as I can when it's back to good playable condition again. This will knock down the repair cost for any issues that I can't or don't feel comfortable doing. 

Thank you for the welcome.

Ron

Edited by RonMay
  • Like 1