some weird ideas

axo151

alright, im putting together a guitar from some parts off of warmoth.com They mentioned phase shifting. What is that? And I had the crazy idea of actually wiriing a stompbox into the guitar, like a reverb or something. Could I gut a reverb and wire it through? I would have to get another cavity in teh back for electronics, but I'll do it. Thanks

They where prolly talking about putting the pickups in and out of phase with each other. The best description I can think of what that sounds like is either Brian May, or playing through a Wah pedal that's in the 1/2 way position. It's very thin and nasal sounding when you combine pickups in and out of phase.

As for actually putting effects in the guitar, it's been done before. Seems like Joe Meek made these little green boxes that would go into a guitar. Ring modulation, and weird stuff like that. Anyone remember those?

igyou wanted to you probablly could fit something like a holy grail inside ur guitar tho tbh you would be better off choosing an FX pedal that was much smaller. holy grails are pretty large arent they and so youi would ebd up routing out a fair bit of wood to put it in

im planning on putting a fuzz face into my current project guitar, try going with a distortion circuit since they are normally much smaller

i got a one chip booster, you can try, it makes a killer distortion or just a slight boost, i sell this design as it is. so i could give you a populated board to put in youguitar just not the schematic.

the old zoom 9000s the flying wedge unit. made a nice in guitar unit.. i put mine in a yamaha 112 the control cavity was huge so i just juked it up.. best move i did on that guitar.

pitch shifter dist chorus reveb flange wah delay. phaser all at my finger tips