Continental Europeans look here

Ace

Do you want a list of coninental European suppliers?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the finishing section, Guitar Maestro, Phil Mailloux and myself were talking about how much of a pain in the rear it is to go shopping for stuff in Germany when you know the American products, brand names and suppliers, but don't know the European equivalents. So we wanted to set up a little section dedicated to us guitar-retarted continental Europeans to post brand names, stores and most importantly experiences with the "domestic" equipment and materials we have acquired. If you're German, French, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Luxembourghish or whatever, vote in the poll. Thank You

so long

ace

We're European too you know (well when it suits us  )

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're brits..... :D

Serious now... I got a cool link.

AF

It's a wood supplier in Holland. They got alot of nice wood and even a musical instruments section.

The shop is located in Arnheim, near the German Border.

:D

We're European too you know (well when it suits us  :D  )

Go get your own thread :D

No really, the reason why I only directed this post to continental Europeans was that I think that you british guys have different brands and stuff again, so it might be useless for the continental Europeans, too. Of course you're by all means welcome to prove me wrong ;-) Also shipping from the UK shouldn't be quite as brutal as shipping from the US...

so long

ace

edited due to broken English B)

I just thought that I would point out that the weird way of writing "look here" in the title of this topic is not allowed by the forum rules. Nit-picking, I know, but I thought I'd tell you so you don't get into trouble without knowing why. But I'm not reporting anyone or complaining or anything just pointing it out.

(I voted too.)

Wouldn't be bad to also include any European guitar related forums, where there is a classified section where one can possible buy and sell guitar related parts and supplies. The thing is, I can't imagine anyone running a German version of project guitar and offering free classifieds listings.

You even have to pay to pee over there, most of the time :D

I've been told to check out the following in Germany:

Boesner Künstlergrosshandel (seems to be an artists supply place ?)

and some kind of co-op , "where the pros go", called something like Nordwest Handel ?

I got the Dick fine tools catalogs. One "regular tools" ,and one "instrument building tools and supplies", but actually the "regular tools" catalog has some luthier supplies that the "luthier" catalog doesn't B)

Most well-made catalog I've ever seen in my life, in the quality of the printing and paper used. Didn't quite find anything I wanted in it, tho

Got the Rockinger catalog too. But always wondering if cheaper versions of these type of companies exist. It's a very small catalog, so mine has gotten lost in my shop now :D

Especially interested in any place that sells used guitar parts cheap, but that doesn't even exist a whole lot in the US, so I imagine it doesn't exist at all in Europe, except ebay, just like here.

All the German glue I've bought absolutely sucks. Even their "super glue" is crappy. At least the UHU brand (how does that company stay in business making glue that works no better than dried bubble-gum ?)

I just thought that I would point out that the weird way of writing "look here" in the title of this topic is not allowed by the forum rules. Nit-picking, I know, but I thought I'd tell you so you don't get into trouble without knowing why. But I'm not reporting anyone or complaining or anything just pointing it out.

(I voted too.)

yeah topic titles are supposed to beclear so that anyone can tell at a casual glance whether or not they should read it..i only make a big deal when it starts to happen excessively from the same person

regular guys can't edit their own topic titles,so i will change it since it may bother people on dial up who pick and choose what to read by topic title

Does anybody here speak 1337? Okay, I apologize...some nice postings already, thanks for your input soapbar...As it looks, the majority wants a sticky thread, I'm not quite sure if TAST is the best place to put it, although I put the poll over here. Wesley or Brian, if one of you could be so kind to open a sticky thread in the section you think is appropriate, that would be cool. So we could port the info over there before it gets lost in this thread.

so long

ace