My first scratch build ever

7 hours ago, David Ivy said:

@mistermikevi understand,

I enjoy working with my hands.

When I started building kits, it was to learn more about guitars than just playing them.  I now Love building bodies and I rather enjoyed building my SG.

Something about bringing art to life! That makes it all worth the hard times you might have throughout the build.

I remember when I was a teenager and learning to play ,I had a lotus les paul copy. I took it apart to paint it a different color and couldn't put it back together so I gave it to my best friend at the time And told him if you can put it together you can have it. Needless to say he put it together and played it. And still has it today. Lol...

right on.  building def has a therapeutic quality!!  I suspect we all have similar stories... I was taking apart/modding my guitars by the time I was 14.  just drawn to it.  rawk on.

Finally got the frets out of my SG neck. Sanded the fret radious for about 2 &1/2 hours. Got it where it needs to be and got the chip in the fretboard out.

Used a little of the rose wood saw dust to fill in a little divit in the end of the fretboard after I sanded most of the chipped out piece away.

1103201935.jpg

1103201935a.jpg

1103202106.jpg

1103202106a.jpg

1103202106b.jpg

1103202107.jpg

• Like 1