rosewood vs. maple necks

ummm...no..not that i am aware of....the wood used as a fretboard does not affect sliding as much as the size of the frets and setup of the guitar....the finish on the back of the neck helps

clapton is not known as a fast guitarist...alot of shredders prefer ebony over maple...but anyways it is about the tone...maple is brighter ,ebony is dark ,and rosewood is mellow

ummm...no..not that i am aware of....the wood used as a fretboard does not affect sliding as much as the size of the frets and setup of the guitar....the finish on the back of the neck helps

clapton is not known as a fast guitarist...alot of shredders prefer ebony over maple...but anyways it is about the tone...maple is brighter ,ebony is dark ,and rosewood is mellow

I don't know, I've certainly noticed a difference in the speed of my slides upon switching from a rosewood to maple fretboard (of course i suppose I could just be getting better :D ) But I seem to recall hearing from a few sources that maple was faster - more suited for blues guitar with all the slides and bends than rosewood.

If there is that great a difference in your playing between maple, and rosewood then I would seriously re-examine your playing technique. This is not meant to belittle you... I agree with westhemann, this really does seems like a ridiculous assertion.

Well I can't say much that way, because I started on an old rosewood Squier, didn't play for a year or so, perfect my technique for a few years with a Martin and then finally got my Fender, so it's not like I play an electric with rosewood anymore. And you can't really compare an accoustic to an electric. But that's what I've heard, and in my limited experience with the former what I've experienced. There's certainly not a huge difference, but it is noticable. I don't know, call me crazy. :D

maybe because you can see the fret-board easier on a maple board.

My first guitar was a poly coated maple board with fenders crappy sideways fret-job, plus the frets were pretty small, and it has a 7.25" radius. Then I got a rosewood board strat with jumbo frets and 12" radius. My hands were suddenly like lightning. Made me fear maple boards. I associated them with being harder to play and associated rose with easier to play ( I was 16 years old). Now I can make any fret-board wood neck play super good. I think if you have really tall frets (.050" and higher) it can't make a difference, unless your eyes prefer one shade of wood color over the other, and you rely on looking at the board while playing.