heads up... 1mm shank .0223" bits for $1.25 from drillman

mistermikev

so... fully aware these are a hair thin to do fretslots... unless your fretboard is pine... but it's def close 'nuff that one could cut the fret slots and then do a final pass with a regulation fret slotting saw - which as I understand is typically a good idea anyway.  Anywho... I thought shoot, they'd be good for practice if nothing else and possibly fine detail work.  They are being blown out by drillman on evilbay whom I was turned on to by the folks here (was that @curtisa, @Norris, @Andyjr1515 ? i'm sorry I don't rememba).  his bits are generally rock solid.  anywho, i just thought I'd pass on the info on the off chance that someone else might find them usefull.

edit - also if you want to hone your skills at breaking bits... this would be a good cheap way to do it!!

Look at this way. At least you didn't attempt to mill a bunch of fret slots, break every single one on first attempt, write a strongly-worded letter to your local newspaper about the lack of quality manufacturing in your area, appear in an interview on 60 Minutes about 'the nightmare neighbours from hell', and have to explain to the police why you're running around the streets wearing nothing more than a hot water bottle and brandishing a pool cue while yelling 'HERETIC! HERETIC!'.

By my reckoning I'd say catastrophe has been averted :thumb:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, curtisa said:

Look at this way. At least you didn't attempt to mill a bunch of fret slots, break every single one on first attempt, write a strongly-worded letter to your local newspaper about the lack of quality manufacturing in your area, appear in an interview on 60 Minutes about 'the nightmare neighbours from hell', and have to explain to the police why you're running around the streets wearing nothing more than a hot water bottle and brandishing a pool cue while yelling 'HERETIC! HERETIC!'.

By my reckoning I'd say catastrophe has been averted :thumb:

well... um... maybe I'll still do that? (I like your sense of humor!)

10 hours ago, curtisa said:

you're running around the streets wearing nothing more than a hot water bottle

10 hours ago, mistermikev said:

well... um... maybe I'll still do that?

If I was an American I'd loudly ask for bleach to wash my brain. 🤪

• Like 1