"Guitar" pics

I routed out the inside of the body last night, the missus wasn't impressed, I don't think she knew how much sawdust is contained in a strat

umm...about 2.5 kilograms B)

Welcome Mr. Mushy! :D That may not be the best guitar ever assembled, but I didn't even make one from scratch until now and you've got me by 10 years, so I'll join in the choir, stick with it and persevere, you're gonna get there for sure. Once you've got something with correct intonation and a decent pickup (not implying yours is indecent, mind you), you're halfway done. Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you, little dude.

so long

ace

Yeah, pickups arent really that hard to make, but difficult to make and sounds as good as a brand name pickup. I did a science report similar to the one I posted on pickups last year, so I learned a whole lot. I'm still not sure if I want to go into the business of being a luthier, because I would rather be rockin :D out then building tools to do so. I think that I may just make an amp from scratch and a distortion pedal from scratch to complete my home made lineup, but I think it may sound really crappy.

Take a look at some of the past threads in the electronics section for some amp building links. Also have a look at guitar gadgets (you can get to it through site of the month on the PG home page).

Good luck, don't blow yourself up :D