Les Paul Neck Snapped

Hey all, first post here.

I had a 2005 Epiphone Les Paul standard that recently broke.  The neck just snapped in the case, no idea why.  I hadn't played it in quite sometime, but one day I went to open the case and it looked like this.  Any ideas what may have happened?  I probably never adjusted the truss rod, it may have been a combination of too much stress and being dropped in the case.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do in terms of replacing the neck, I'm not sure where to start in terms of material and type?  The body is solid maple (I think)...  

20200317_212616.jpg

20200317_212630.jpg

That's a common issue with LesPauls, often caused by falling. The main reason is that the wood fibres are pretty short in the headstock angle. Good news for you is that it's fixable!

There's lots of videos about fixing that, both by professionals and hobbyists. On the pro videos they often show how it has already been "fixed" before...

I recommend you to take it to a known repair luthier. As the headstock plate is still in one piece and the crack looks clean the fix should be quite straightforward and pretty much invisible. Replacing the neck would be overkill, also isn't that a set neck glued in place? That would be a difficult task to change!