How do you fill cracks or chips or uneven spots with saw dust and wood glue and not make it look ugly?

PRSpoggers

Oh my gosh, let me explain this. So I am refinishing my squire strat, nothing important. I've tried everything, scraping the grain filler, burning, filing, sanding and much more. Burning it off with a heat gun has proved the best but I scorched the wood in places. This thing is beat to all get out. Scorch marks, un even grain and just uneveness all over the place. I made a big oopsie tonight. So I thought "why not plane it?" so I get my hand planer and I got it so uneven. So I thought why not mix some dust I have from sanding everything and mix that with titebond? I did it, absolute mess, and it's gonna look so ugly.  This is the only glue I have right now but I ordered some number 10 thin super glue today. I am just angry at myself for it just looking god awful. This is my first time doing stuff like this and it's proved harder than it is. I went over it with a level to get excess off but still, it looks bad.

7 hours ago, PRSpoggers said:

So I thought "why not plane it?" so I get my hand planer and I got it so uneven.

That's the reason why I suggested you to get a bigger plane as well. If the plane is as long as the object you're planing the result will be more level. Shorter planes are used for removing material fast.

As @curtisa said, pictures would help a lot when trying to help you. Patience is another thing. Why ask if you can't wait for the answer? This is a world wide community so it takes overnight for your question to reach people on the other side of the globe. It's now 2:35 AM your time and you're most likely asleep. When you typed your question it was past 2 AM here so this side of the pond was sleeping. Haste is your enemy, fight it!