Lumberjack builds for a buddy

On 7/2/2021 at 3:12 PM, Lumberjack said:

None used - I shoot finishes as thin as possible and don't normally fill pores for matte and satin finishes.  I wanted to see what it would look like if I didn't fill on a gloss finish, as I prefer no filler for matte/satin, but in my opinion it looks odd; high gloss and raw/natural are somewhat aesthetically opposed, don't think I would do a finish like this again.    

when I've found low spots in my clear after spraying a few coats, I just give it a scuff, wipe on some grainfiller, wipe off the excess and spray again. Problems gone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lumberjack said:

Happily the customer was thrilled.

He'd be blind, deaf and haptically impaired not to be. That's a true high end masterpiece.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on the win. Very nice looking guitar; love how the top bends for the arm contour. Great job with that!

Just curious; what was the reason you bent the top on scrap instead of to the body itself? Was it because of the water used or something of that nature?

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 3:08 AM, JAK said:

Congratulations on the win. Very nice looking guitar; love how the top bends for the arm contour. Great job with that!

Just curious; what was the reason you bent the top on scrap instead of to the body itself? Was it because of the water used or something of that nature?

Thanks!  Right on about the water - I wasn't exactly sure how this bend would work, or if it would at all, so I figured I'd try to set the bend a bit before hand on the scrap body so the clamp up with glue wasn't as wet, nor as extreme a bend.  

• Like 1