TOP 12 GUITAR PLAYERS

KILOWAT®

who is the most liked player in the room  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldnt get out of voting carlos. but if you had steevie ray vaughn, he would have gotten my vote. he inspires me, unlike any other guitarist ive heard... dont know why... mabey its the fact that hes good, and plays blues.

Yngwie has been my hero for quite a while now!! used to be such a die hard kirk hammett fan, then realised that Dave Murray (iron maiden) blows the socks off him! then i opened my eyes to the fact that Kirk wasnt the best ever (i was young, lol!!) then heard Vai, and realised he rocked, then Yngwie, and he shall not be passed!!! Yngwie is awesome man!! As you can tell, im a shredder(i try :D) B)

the whole point behind his style was that he played like he couldn't give a toss....like with meg whites drumming--stick vai style stuff in there and it destroys the feel of the music....just listen to radio friendly unit shifter, and you can tell this guy was pure goddamn heart and soul into what he was doing...he cared passionately about his music, but despised these people who sit around playing scales all day long--lets face it, you can hardly say that the lead singer/guitarist of one of the most famous rock acts of all time doesn't have anything going for him!

There is no best player ever, as different players have different styles and cannot really be compared that way.

But another thing: This list is no way complete. Some of the most influential and best players are not even included. What about Eddie Van Halen, John Petrucci, Blackmore, Hendrix, Steve Morse?

Concerning Cobain: I doubt anyone in his right mind would try to claim that Cobain was a good guitarist at all. In fact he was nearly not able to play guitar at all. If you watch a live video, you'll see what I mean. What made him famous are his voice and his great compositions in my opinion. He wrote several classics. But as a guitar player he is terrible....

Concerning Cobain: I doubt anyone in his right mind would try to claim that Cobain was a good guitarist at all. In fact he was nearly not able to play guitar at all. If you watch a live video, you'll see what I mean. What made him famous are his voice and his great compositions in my opinion. He wrote several classics. But as a guitar player he is terrible....

First of all, this isn't directed towards you, Maestro, so don't beat me up, please. :D

Cobain was no guitar virtuoso - he played no more than was absolutely necessary to get the point across. He was also a heroin addict, so it's unfair to judge his talent by his live performances - after all, I've seen Joe Perry, Jimmy Page and Stevie Ray all perform while severely impaired, but I doubt that anyone here would deny their talent based on those performances. My beef with Cobain is that he started a downward spiral by making it cool to play badly, allowing the recording industry to hire talentless posers that would have previously been laughed out of the business.

This list is no way complete. Some of the most influential and best players are not even included. What about Eddie Van Halen, John Petrucci, Blackmore, Hendrix, Steve Morse?

You've hit the nail on the head - these polls are at best popularity contests, comparing apples to oranges. Unless your personal favorite is in the running, it's bulls*&t. My vote? Either Bill Nelson, Bobby Fripp or Mick Ronson ... or Brian May, or Dave Fiuczinski, or Pat Thrall...

you get a null vote from me bcuz Hetfield, Mustaine, the Nuge, Marty Friedman, jason Becker, kirk hammet (even though he sucks hes still better then kurt cobain) (sorry had to), paul gilbert, michael romeo, and a bunch of others that are already mentioned and the ones i cant think of right now arent on there

o yea and jack white is the best guitarist ever to walk the face of the planet ( to those in the players corner thread)

MzI

yes sarcasm i love it