rosewood locally - what do you think? would u buy it?

Funny thing @Drak, I was searching something here recently and came across a discussion you and I had regarding finishing techniques for enhancing maple figure but with a natural finish, no dye. It was FIFTEEN years ago. lol.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, komodo said:

Funny thing @Drak, I was searching something here recently and came across a discussion you and I had regarding finishing techniques for enhancing maple figure but with a natural finish, no dye. It was FIFTEEN years ago. lol.

you can't drop something like that and not post a link? 

sounds pretty interesting... I've often thought about how wood figure can look so much better depending on how it was cut.    out of my planer after some 1/64" cuts it looks pretty good... but then sanded looks terrible.

usually the pieces I get - if they have a surface that isn't rough - the figure looks really good - then you cut it and it's not quite as good.  It's like the weathering of sitting in a yard does something for it and I've often wondered what that is or how to achieve that effect.  Perhaps I need to get some fork lift diesel exhaust in a jar!

further, have often thought about taking a paint brush and tru oil or dilluted dye... trying to trace the figure and accentuate it.  Something wrong with that if your trying to turn a turd into gold... but as an option to do something unique and just enhance figure that is there... could be cool.