Richmack

Hi all!

I am going to do a Noel Gallagher Union Jack 🇬🇧 paint job on an Epiphone Sheraton. I wonder if anyone could advise on the order of the paint? The neck is white so I might start there. Currently, the guitar is in natural.

Any other advice will be greatly received! Union+Jack+Guitar+Noel+Gallagher+2.jpg?f

cbc06d3bcfae8c8460a1af2ccf816102.jpg

Thanks 

Rich! 

White seems to be the basic colour, and for a solid base I'd paint the entire guitar white to start with. There's no difference in the order of red and blue, you simply put masking tape over the areas that have to stay white and also mask either the red or blue areas depending on which colour you're going to paint. A clearcoat over it all will then protect the artwork.

I assume you're going to spray the paint but if you're applying it by hand, masking the white areas only may be sufficient. Then again, it's easy to drop some red paint on the freshly painted blue area so letting each colour properly dry and masking them before moving to the next may be wise. Better safe than sorry...

7 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

White seems to be the basic colour, and for a solid base I'd paint the entire guitar white to start with. There's no difference in the order of red and blue, you simply put masking tape over the areas that have to stay white and also mask either the red or blue areas depending on which colour you're going to paint. A clearcoat over it all will then protect the artwork.

I assume you're going to spray the paint but if you're applying it by hand, masking the white areas only may be sufficient. Then again, it's easy to drop some red paint on the freshly painted blue area so letting each colour properly dry and masking them before moving to the next may be wise. Better safe than sorry...

I concur.

SR